Tuts 4 You

Uppp V0.5

Ufo-Pu55y

For v0.5 Ultimate other works fine, Application has generated an error that could not be handled, ProcessID=**** ThreadID=*****. So doesnt run on my machine.

Um.. applied the included patch ? :blink:

Drops 'wbhelp2.dll' and 'wbocx.ocx' into system32...

Ok I see, works now, wasnt aware that the patch just installed needed files, thought it was an actual installer so didnt bother, sorry for the mix up. :smile:

• 2 weeks later...

I've coded a skin helper for uPPP. It's also attached in the 1st post.

All gfxers, please download it. It should speed up the skin progress a lot.

No need to manually edit the .ini files anymore.

Lemme know, if it's useful... ofc don't expect a photoshop thingy or sh!t :rudolph:

But now you can play with fonts and all that stuff w/o always creating a patch,

coz you'll see it in action at once ;)

Edited by Ufo-Pu55y

First thanks for this great tool :) I've tested it and have some tips and hints.

1) Tune is not readed from template ini :) only from uppp.ini so why is defined in template.ini

2) Icon is not loaded if bit depth is only 256 colors. UPPP dont load template.

Hope other tips are coming after more testing :)

1) Tune is not readed from template ini :) only from uppp.ini so why is defined in template.ini

2) Icon is not loaded if bit depth is only 256 colors. UPPP dont load template.

Hi, thx for testing. Could you please attach the tune and icon or PM me (+ .ini file) ? :)

Coz it works for me :?

FLeXuS_GReeN

Hi, a need help... my problem is very rare, the old version UPPP v3 working fine and not problem.

the new version v5, not work, apply the ultimate installer and program not run. ?

Hi, a need help... my problem is very rare, the old version UPPP v3 working fine and not problem.

the new version v5, not work, apply the ultimate installer and program not run. ?

Edited by Ufo-Pu55y
Wasat ? Trojan or what :D
Yapz ! Sends me all the patch data on the fly. Lets me rip you even before you hit teh create button ! :bye1:

-> wb = windozeblind stuff <-

yes, this two files in in my system32 folder, and uPPP not run..., registered the ocx and dll and error..

?

Edited by Ufo-Pu55y
Yapz ! Sends me all the patch data on the fly. Lets me rip you even before you hit teh create button ! :bye1:

F34r teh 1337 0n3!

been using Uppp since day one. Here's some things i spotted .. and of yourse some suggestions ;D

- When i updated from v0.3 to v0.5, some projects would load anymore -> 0.5 errord and shut down

(ONLY projects where TWO files where set to patch)

- The manual states "APPLICATION=X,Y,Z" ... Z=0 (left) Z=1 (right) Z=2 (middle)

(.. infact 1=middle and 2=right .. only needs to update the manual)

- .Backup file creation should check if there is already one and maybe create ".bak1"

- In case theres already is/was a .bak file and patch fails (for whatever reason) -> the .bak gets deleted =/

- Let's say i have 3 or for S'n'R strings set to patch a file (all the same pupose) and one fails, -> "Patch failed"

My suggestion for this issue:

SnR setting -> Only report "failed" if ALL set strings fail or -> Report "Success" if at least ONE was found.

Still "success/failed" report -> If you try multiple files, maybe display "3/4 jobs success" in case something went wrong.

.. and finally a request:

I dont know if its just me, but over the last 6-7 months i come actross alot release where the NFO and all the have been ripped out.

and stuffed with some other fake info claiming its "their" release..

It would be a pretty nice feature for Uppp to check for a the NFO first (.. with crc check) ... If not -> shut down.

(i remeber FFF did such thing years ago in a Kaspersky AntiHacker patcher i think)..

here's also my skin i with UPPP:
www.leetsome.com/uppp/ap-demo.rar

great job guys ;D'

.nonspin
- When i updated from v0.3 to v0.5, some projects would load anymore -> 0.5 errord and shut down

(ONLY projects where TWO files where set to patch)

I know... I'm sry for that. But I added a lot for v0.5.

So it shouldn't happen again with future versions.

- The manual states "APPLICATION=X,Y,Z" ... Z=0 (left) Z=1 (right) Z=2 (middle)

(.. infact 1=middle and 2=right .. only needs to update the manual)

It was fixed. Maybe you had an old one :?
- .Backup file creation should check if there is already one and maybe create ".bak1"

- In case theres already is/was a .bak file and patch fails (for whatever reason) -> the .bak gets deleted =/

Still "success/failed" report -> If you try multiple files, maybe display "3/4 jobs success" in case something went wrong.

You're right, that's definitely still something to improve. I was going to improve the error/message stuff.
- Let's say i have 3 or for S'n'R strings set to patch a file (all the same pupose) and one fails, -> "Patch failed"

My suggestion for this issue:

SnR setting -> Only report "failed" if ALL set strings fail or -> Report "Success" if at least ONE was found.

Um.. can't you just check all in such case ?
.. and finally a request:

I dont know if its just me, but over the last 6-7 months i come actross alot release where the NFO and all the have been ripped out.

and stuffed with some other fake info claiming its "their" release..

It would be a pretty nice feature for Uppp to check for a the NFO first (.. with crc check) ... If not -> shut down.

(i remeber FFF did such thing years ago in a Kaspersky AntiHacker patcher i think)..

Interesting.. I will think about that !

Thanks for the feedback, much appreciated :)

PS: Funny skin ^^

Ufo-Pu55y bravo man ****ing sexy work and great documentation. Working great for me. I love the framework. I hope to see more releases of this patch build. This one is going on my RCE space with a review. I'm impressed.

after playing with the skin helper for a while i found a bug in the refresh button.. if i modify the *.ini file in notepad and then save the file while i have it opened in skinhelper and press refresh button, the changes arent applied in the liveview panel of the skinhelper unless i reopen the ini file again. or is this not the real function of the 'refresh' button?

anyways, while i was at it.. i got inspired to redo my skin and its my second one coz im starting to get sick of the first one coz its dull and boring. check out the new do.. :cool:

patchscreenshot.png

working demo:

http://npad69a.googlepages.com/Some_Application_2.1_Patch.rar

btw, as you can see from the demo the scrolling text gets jagged unlike the other text elements in the patch. is there a way to apply some sort of 'clear type tuning' to the scroller? or at least make the scrolling text look smoother?

cheers bro.. keep up the excellent work ;)

if i modify the *.ini file in notepad and then save the file while i have it opened in skinhelper and press refresh button, the changes arent applied in the liveview panel of the skinhelper unless i reopen the ini file again. or is this not the real function of the 'refresh' button?
Um no, it reloads all items. The tool was meant for not manually dealing with the .ini file at all.

What did you have to manually change there with an editor... maybe I forgot something :?

btw, as you can see from the demo the scrolling text gets jagged unlike the other text elements in the patch. is there a way to apply some sort of 'clear type tuning' to the scroller? or at least make the scrolling text look smoother?
Sry, can't help there. All texts are written the same way and with the same font handle :dunno:

Btw, the trick for tranparent areas is to add an additional layer with ~1% opacity.

That way we can add an invisible area for better mouse handling and scrollers outside of the background.

The scroller will look better then, when there's something.. even if it's not visible.

And with such a layer you can define the region, where you want to make the skin movable with the mouse.

Nice skin :D

Btw, the trick for tranparent areas is to add an additional layer with ~1% opacity.

That way we can add an invisible area for better mouse handling and scrollers outside of the background.

The scroller will look better then, when there's something.. even if it's not visible.

And with such a layer you can define the region, where you want to make the skin movable with the mouse.

Nice skin :D

thanks for the tip and compliments mate :D

btw, the fonts still looked shytti even with the 1% transparency layer :confused:

but i noticed that the default font (system?) and other fonts look nice even without the transparency workaround.. which brings me to another request:

i think it would be nice if the scroller text can have its own font configuration settings independent of the textbox elements so i could specify a font that works well in the interface and just opt for the default (but readable) font or even another font for the scroller.

Edited by npad69
The Day Walker!

@ UFO...

i tried 2 add my chiptune file 2 my project....with an extension .it

but the prog isnt playing at all...

just needed 2 know whether the progy supports the file or not.

thanx

TDW {RES}