Tuts 4 You

Uppp V0.5

Ufo-Pu55y

it cannot run under my system:XP SP2

who knows why?

on my comp, it's work not prob just take a 30 sec to 1 minute to make a patch...maybe your need NET framework i think...but maybe...but go a head ask the master UFOPu55sy, he/she will help you.

I have some problem

locbtntw4.png

PLZ HELP! :help

Ha,

I had this problem. Rename your backup.png to checkbox.png (also in ini file if necessary) and thats it. For other pics you posted I think something is wrong with settings in your .ini file. Check font and also text/button positioning.

Cheers,

Edited by holevinsky

who knows why?

Yes, check out the .NET 2.0 runtime.
he/she
Both ! :ninja:

Vi2DoubleYu.. check ur .ini and try something like this:

SCROLLER=24,221,216,0,0,0

..then ur skin works ok. You've placed the X position too faaaaaaar away ! Outside of the frame.

Keep on - nice work.

(Ufo-Pu55y) i've find it...yes i forgot that SCROLLER and now will work right charm...and ready for battle on contest..anyway thank you for spend your time for take a look my work. :)

(Ufo-Pu55y) and sorry bout your gender...a little confuse,,...cause you here with UFO and you know the last...PU5** like sem similiar :) ...one more time...sorry bout that...

UFO, tested the crap out of it. I found some big-*** bugs, sadly :X I've inlined an Armadillo target, and my cave is quite big. uPPP patcher created based on the offset patch comparisson fails to write the whole cave o_O. Another BIG bug, if URL is large (see bigfish games URLs - http://downloads.bigfishgames.com/downloads/F2258T1L1.exe - for example) uPPP bitches that it ran out of resources.

So far:

- buttons and shapes must be ODD in size, otherwise uPPP will draw triangles out of your rectangles =]

- you can make backp.png and music.png a 2x1 px picture, with the purpose of hiding the buttons =] Just blend them with the bg, somewhere in a corner

- if you don't want Author, URL, etc.. to be displayed, dodge them in top-left corner (0,0,0)..

Not to mention my elektr font didn't get used properly :( It looks like Arial, yet it's a pixel font. Here's my .ini:

[FILES]
BACKGROUND=frame.png
PATCHBUTTON=patch.png
EXITBUTTON=exit.png
CHECKBOX=backup.png
ONOFF=music.png
ICON=Chucky.ico
MUSIC=lion.XM
CURSOR=arrow.cur
FONT=12,0,elektr.ttf
PREVIEW=preview.png
[COORDINATES]
TEXTCOLOR=255,255,255
SUCCESSCOLOR=234,237,245
FAILURECOLOR=255,200,175
PATCHBUTTON=141,121
EXITBUTTON=192,121
CHECKBOX=2,140
ONOFF=4,140
APPLICATION=0,0,0
URL=0,0,0
AUTHOR=0,0,0
DATE=0,0,0
SCROLLER=2,4,248,0,0,0
SCROLLERCOLOR=255,255,255

..and this would be the result:

6l18bh4.png

As I said, the only minor set-back that made me return to our old patcher, in case of Armadillo inlines - uPPP fails at "holding" a bigger patch table than *insert defined size here, UFO* =))

Also, elektr font is the one you see on the buttons. Sadly, the one in the scroller doesn't look like the one in the buttons =[[[[

EDIT: Fixed the font issue. It was a naming "misunderstanding" :D Still I'd love a fix for the patch buffer (data buffer to be patched in target application)..

Edited by sunbeam

I think it was EVEN, and not ODD. I confuse them too. It means rectangles need to have sizes as multiples of 2 (48x24 and not 49x25). If you don't have sizes like that, uPPP will pick top left corner and on top of the rectangle will draw a triangle. Basically it will stretch the rectangle till it will look like rhombus =]

UFO, tested the crap out of it. I found some big-*** bugs, sadly :X I've inlined an Armadillo target, and my cave is quite big. uPPP patcher created based on the offset patch comparisson fails to write the whole cave o_O.
Sry, I was aware of it. It was fixed and is coming up.
Another BIG bug, if URL is large (see bigfish games URLs - http://downloads.bigfishgames.com/downloads/F2258T1L1.exe - for example) uPPP bitches that it ran out of resources.
Will check how to deal with 'too' large urls. I thought everybody would

simply choose 'www.bigfishgames.com' instead of ~300 char d/l links ^^

- buttons and shapes must be ODD in size, otherwise uPPP will draw triangles out of your rectangles =]
Sry again.. we forgot to mention that in the guide.

Needs even widths due to the use of MMX. No need for even heights tho.

- you can make backp.png and music.png a 2x1 px picture, with the purpose of hiding the buttons =] Just blend them with the bg, somewhere in a corner

- if you don't want Author, URL, etc.. to be displayed, dodge them in top-left corner (0,0,0)..

... but we didn't forget to mention in the guide how to forgo using these features :>

Just leave it blank in the .ini.

Not to mention my elektr font didn't get used properly :( It looks like Arial, yet it's a pixel font.
Yea.. should have been mentioned. Sry. Rename the font's file name to

it's 'real' (family) name - and it will work fine.

Greets

I'v got a proposal, maybe for next version as its pretty much to implement at once :)

Why not make it little bit more user friendly.. this is what i had in mind:

- at begin of creation, ask for every object (e.g. background, button, etc..) to be located with "browse" button

- allow disabling objects not used (e.g. sound on/of exit etc..)

- when all is defined, open up something like What you see is what you get windows with movable objects defined in window earlier

- save settings to template when all objects are placed in right positions

I know its alot to do, but this is what i would like, and you asked for feedback :)

bTW: i reall like the tool itself, it got potential.

BR, ChupaChu!

Heh. But we got a WYSIWYG editor. Either Photoshop or Fireworks (from Macromedia). Both tell you the X,Y and what ever else needed to know on how to position them. My only concern is functionality, as opposed to turning this into an editor rather than a patcher :D

Waiting for the update, UFO. Armadillo wants uPPP (real bad!!) =)

I'v got a proposal, maybe for next version as its pretty much to implement at once :)

Why not make it little bit more user friendly.. this is what i had in mind:

- at begin of creation, ask for every object (e.g. background, button, etc..) to be located with "browse" button

- allow disabling objects not used (e.g. sound on/of exit etc..)

- when all is defined, open up something like What you see is what you get windows with movable objects defined in window earlier

- save settings to template when all objects are placed in right positions

I know its alot to do, but this is what i would like, and you asked for feedback :)

bTW: i reall like the tool itself, it got potential.

BR, ChupaChu!

Yes, I've been asked to make something like an editor and I thought about it.

But atm it's too much for me. I would need to code an additional tool and I

can't quickly do that task in C# - mainly coz there's no way to show pixel fonts (.fon) via .net... :/

I know.. the way to set up a skin isn't very attractive.

Armadillo wants uPPP (real bad!!) =)
I hope so ;P Edited by Ufo-Pu55y

@ Ufo:

I know its a lot to do.. Maybe then just pickup sizes of objects

(from png files), and then on "visual" screen just draw rectangles

with different colors (each filled with different color to represent

unique object e.g. "buttons" etc..)..

This approach would make it easier to pinpoint objects on the

background, IMHO defining coordinates for every object is

biggest PITA right now :)

BR, ChupaChu!

Let's make this a bit more interesting, shall we? Instead of UFO making a grid and whatnot, why not YOU make a hooker for say Photoshop, that will read the position you click in its window and output coordinates in uPPP-style in a .txt :D God, I'm crazy..

i dont understand why you have to flip the PNG images. why dont you flip them inside the code?
Most stupid thingy I ever left like is ! :confused:

Also added that meanwhile for the update.. in the middle of a contest - sh!t happens :'X

@ChupaChu: Will try something, when I got all my other **** sorted :)

-Added encreasing/decreasing of target's size (if this will ever make sense :?)

-Added a way to use links longer than Tolstoi's 'War and Peace' in one line !

-Some other crap, which keeps being added, when u don't know what to add..

Just need some more testing..

Reporting another bug - on some occasions, when patching say Armadillo programs (big cave), I have to like put uPPP to compare the original with the patched for 2 times.. First time I get some error and output starts in a small window, no icon, just buttons in a 50x50 window.. Second time I compare them, all works fine, patcher gets outputted BUT can't save the project - uPPP whines..

who knows why?

Yes, check out the .NET 2.0 runtime.
he/she
Both ! :ninja:

Vi2DoubleYu.. check ur .ini and try something like this:

SCROLLER=24,221,216,0,0,0

..then ur skin works ok. You've placed the X position too faaaaaaar away ! Outside of the frame.

Keep on - nice work.

Thanks Ufo-Pu55y and Vi2DoubleYu!

It runs perfect now! Thanks very much!