Tuts 4 You

Flare-On 8

kao

Hello i am on chall #9
Any hints are welcome

Spoiler

I have found the api-func resolver function and the exception handler function. I still didn't get what the challenge does unfortunately

Edited by Darth Blue
typo

1 hour ago, bianrycat said:

Any hint for challenge #5?
I can't seem to be able to figure out even the 1st step

It’s partly an IR forensic challenge. Triage the machine. Snoop around and check artifacts that you would check if you were investigating a machine for inspection

25 minutes ago, adicto said:

It’s partly an IR forensic challenge. Triage the machine. Snoop around and check artifacts that you would check if you were investigating a machine for inspection

Thank you!

Got it now

@saagaraS

Spoiler

If you mean the 10KB message, you should be able to recover at least part of it. 

But even if you can't, that message is only "nice-to-have" and challenge can be solved without it.

@kao

Spoiler

Not too sure if this is appropriate to be posted here or a DM is better. I am referring to the one together with the message with the PNG header

I figured it out in the end. Thanks!

Edited by saagaraS

Hi, I'm actually having a hard time understanding how to procced with challenge 8.

Spoiler

I figured out where most of the code snippets are from. The rest of the part and how the input is used doesn't make sense.

Any hints on how to move forward ?

for number 8, I understand what to input and how long its supposed to be. Question is how are we supposed to reverse that input to get the correct output haha. I think I'm missing a clue somewhere

I can decrypt files in 5, but it's gibberish. Does that mean my decryption isn't good, or that I'm missing another piece. If I encrypt my own test file it decrypts without issue. Anyone willing to DM?

3 hours ago, bohaw said:

@unionselectAre all of the files gibberish? Or is at least one in readable text?

Thanks. I noticed that a few hours ago. I'm kicking myself, because I wasted a lot of time checking the first three and giving up on them, lol.

pepegaswiper69

I've been stuck on chall 8 for 3 days now

Spoiler

I know that we need to input something that will decrypt the blob into executable JS code, but I can't seem to guess what that code will look like. I'm trying to search the encrypted blob for some possibilities and derive the input from them, for example some JS keywords like "function", "return" and stuffs, but the result doesn't seem to be correct.

Am I going in the wrong direction?