Tuts 4 You

start help

rever_ser

hi everyone

I am reverse engineer but I am interested in learning penetration testing too. Can anyone introduce me a source for learning from beginner to advanced. It should be noted that I have very little knowledge in this area and also little time to learn.

thanks

2 hours ago, CodeCracker said:

Penetration word reminds me of sex

LMAO :D

Yes, I am a professional penetration tester in addition to being a senior malware analyst and senior systems security professional.

Yes, we get that "double meaning" joke a LOT , haha. In case you really do not know what a penetration tester means - we are guys who get PAID to actually hack down websites belonging to their OWN company, in an attempt to test and subsequently strengthen the security by closing security  loopholes that may have been discovered during testing.

5 hours ago, rever_ser said:

I am reverse engineer but I am interested in learning penetration testing too. Can anyone introduce me a source for learning from beginner to advanced. It should be noted that I have very little knowledge in this area and also little time to learn.

Normally EC-Council has ETHICAL HACKING COURSE VIDEOS. They are not free. If you purchase the course for CERTIFIED ETHICAL HACKER (CEH) then that course covers pretty much everything you need to learn for Ethical Hacking of Web sites.

See here : https://www.eccouncil.org/programs/certified-ethical-hacker-ceh/

Please note that they have LIVE classes as well as recorded videos of those classes.

Its better to take the VIDEOS if you are pressed for time.

The CEH course (above) in tandem with the ECSA - https://www.eccouncil.org/programs/certified-security-analyst-ecsa/

lets you later apply for a LICENSED PENETRATION TESTER certification.

SO, IF you buy VIDEO courses for ECSA and for CEH , then it should pretty much cover all that you need to know to be a Licensed Penetration Tester.

Having said that, IF you need to UNDERSTAND and LEARN everthing to be a PROPER Penetration TESTER, then expected time period is at least 6-12 months, depending on your learning capabilities.

Sorry  but it s NOT REALISTIC to assume that you can cram EVERYTHING in one month, for example.

Yes, possible to get CERTIFICATION in a couple of weeks.

But NOT to actually LEARN the material properly in less than 6-12 months.

Disclaimer : I do NOT get ANY compensation or benefits from recommending the EC-COUNCIL courses named above.

I AM however, certified in the courses mentioned above and hold valid certificates for the same, for the past few years.

Good Luck !

P.S : Wasn't sure whether I should add this or not... But ahem.. IF you know where to look, you can get the CEH COURSE VIDEOs for FREE on various ...ahem... sites ;) ... Just be sure that you ar egoing for version 9 of the CEH course or videos, as the case maybe.

IF you are not in a hurry and if money is not an issue, then its BEST to attend the 7 day boot camps organized by the EC-Council guys, with LIVE instructors - that way you can actually learn the most, by interacting with the instructors there.

Edited by Techlord
  • Like 1