Tuts 4 You

New forum style

GIV

we bought uniform theme for ips 4.1 from this ipsfocus you can see here https://www.uret.in/ and it is working great at the moment  :)

Plus it remove bit from gap thing when we post new comment but only on new comment not on previous

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 years later...

For those interested, I have installed a new dark theme and deleted the others. Scroll to the bottom of the page to find the option to change themes...

Ted.

• Like 5

• 1 month later...
XenocodeRCE

Well I went back to white default mode because the code tag with purple and dark red in dark mode is not goo at all, i rather burn my eyes with white mode :D

• Haha 1

Using an extension for modern browsers like StyleBot, you can fix it yourself with some basic edits. The syntax parser the forum uses is fairly bad/basic, so a very basic CSS edit/override works fine. Here's mine:

@media screen {
    .str {
        color: #CC7645
    }

.kwd {
        color: #569CD6
    }

.com {
        color: #57A64A
    }

.typ {
        color: #79D8FE
    }

.lit {
        color: rgb(179, 201, 101)
    }

.pln {
        color: #9A9A9A;
    }

.pun,.opn,.clo {
        color: #A2B3AE
    }
}

I only targeted C/C++ language type tags that were the most annoying to try and read on the dark theme. It makes things look like this now instead:

vbYhojo.png

Not the best/proper to normal editors, but again the forums coloring system is garbage.  (Invision's editor and such is pretty trash in general.)

• Like 1

Teddy Rogers

As I too am using the dark theme there are some other eye sores too that come up for Administrator/ Moderator tasks that make it difficult to work with. I often find myself squinting at my phone trying to decipher what is on screen due some of the colour selections.

I have notified some issues to the theme developer and believe they may be fixed in a future release. Please keep listing theme related problems here and I will point him to this topic in the hope they get rectified (or I will get around to it at some point)...

Ted.

Teddy Rogers
On 4/3/2021 at 7:09 AM, atom0s said:

I only targeted C/C++ language type tags that were the most annoying to try and read on the dark theme.

Thanks, I have added this to the css!

If you see any others you want to change please let me know...

Ted.