Tuts 4 You

C++ question

GIV

To help you guys piss on/around Visual Studio:

Currently I have to use VS13 for the University-related coding (C#, yay). It's slow on starting up, loading projects, generating new files but after that it's just the same as VS10.

The thing that does really piss me off is that they need those stupid 'conversion' dialogs to produce pretty much the same project file as before the 'conversion'.

I also use VS10, for coding x64dbg. Before I was against Visual Studio as a whole, but let's face it: the project and solution files make it pretty easy for someone to grab your project and just compile it. They are much better than makefiles (especially when working on Windows) in my opinion.

As for the topic:

Just try out various IDEs/Compilers and you will eventually come up with a personal favorite (mine is still CodeBlocks). When working together with other people, go for the IDE that makes it easy for other people to compile your project.

i know a nice reproducible GUI dialog bug in VS 2013... still not fixed in latest patch. (see attachment)

You cannot scroll and you dont see all options...

Performance on SSD is utter crap compared to VS2010, etc. etc.

Probably due to the fact that one dont have the choice to select much option with latest releases (starting vs2012) . a lot of unwanted features gets installed without user acknowledge  . I dont know why Microsoft is losing the portability and customization features with their win8 line of products . 

Personally i prefer to use Pro version rather than Ultimate one since pro lacks enterprise coding features which i dont need .