Tuts 4 You

Shoutbox...

Teddy Rogers

Shoutbox Poll  

48 members have voted

1. 1. Tell me what you think of the Shoutbox...

• It is okay, I don't mind it on the index page
    • It is okay but I don't think it should be on the index page
    • It is rubbish. Delete it!

Teddy Rogers

You can adjust the height of the Shoutbox. Where you type your text if you move the cursor just above it until your pointer changes you can click on it to adjust the height.

Out of curiosity what screen mode are you viewing it in? It looks fine here but then I am using 1680 x 1050...

Ted.

CodeExplorer

Screen mode: 1280 x 768 on a laptop

I just adjusted the height of the Shoutbox, looks much better now.

It will great if I could also adjust the width!

lol, it comes close to disabling it on the main page ^^

if it's small like that, everybody would click to the shoutbox page anyway, no ?

Teddy Rogers

I changed some of the code around so the Shoutbox text does not look so cramped in the sidebar. Let me know what you think :turned:

Killboy, that is for the developers to decide. I can always make a request and hope it gets implemented in a future update...

Ted.

• 1 year later...
Teddy Rogers

I have been debating whether to keep the Shoutbox or change it for IP.Chat application when I update the board to 3.2.x. Please give me your thoughts as to what you think please...

/>http://www.invisionpower.com/products/chat/

Ted.

It would be better than the ShoutBox as you could see who is online, but i guess it's a little expensive for the allowed number of users online.

Just my opinion :)

Teddy Rogers

Price depends on the number of people who would be using it at any one time. I have no problem getting it if I thought it would serve any better than the Shoutbox...

Ted.

I have been debating whether to keep the Shoutbox or change it for IP.Chat application when I update the board to 3.2.x. Please give me your thoughts as to what you think please...

http://www.invisionp.../products/chat/

Ted.

Personally I don't see a point in paying to chat with others when we can already do it on the forums as well as other means such as IRC. I don't see the value in it when the Shoutbox is being used regularly as well for a similar purpose. The only added feature I see this giving is seeing whose online like Walkin mentioned, but I don't see that feature being worth money.

a t4u chatroom would be sweet imo.

no clue how much the ip chat thing costs, but afaik there are free IRC alternatives.

for example, the requester board offers a (rarely used) irc channel, which is actually called #seekndestroy..

maybe we can add another channel #tuts4you or advertise the #snd one here in the forum...

p.s. i cant seem to get the #seekndestroy one to work right now :S

• 3 weeks later...

a t4u chatroom would be sweet imo.

no clue how much the ip chat thing costs, but afaik there are free IRC alternatives.

for example, the requester board offers a (rarely used) irc channel, which is actually called #seekndestroy..

maybe we can add another channel #tuts4you or advertise the #snd one here in the forum...

p.s. i cant seem to get the #seekndestroy one to work right now :S

Oh, there is a #snd channel now?

Wouldnt mind knowing what network its on....