Tuts 4 You

Site Suggestions And Complaints...

Teddy Rogers

What's the problem exactly ?

Are you referring to the huge image at the top of the website ? I can perfectly see it, tried the other 2 skins as well :dunno:

Or has this been fixed in the meantime ?

What's the problem exactly ?

Are you referring to the huge image at the top of the website ? I can perfectly see it, tried the other 2 skins as well :dunno:

Or has this been fixed in the meantime ?

Yeah it's fixed :P sad thing it's not a random banner anymore ): ask the pouet.net guys

maybe they know a solution :P I liked it allot ! :)

Yes, it is fixed but static. :confused: There appears to be a conflict or incompatibility in the Javascript used to display random images and the newly added Blog's script. You'll notice when viewing the blogs that the SND header is replaced with a custom header for each blog. I'll try to find another way add the random logos back in.

• 4 weeks later...

I would like to suggest to the admin to give the member the opportunity to change the data he/she placed in the database.

Like in my case, I would like to change my email for some personal reasons, I have no other means than creating a new account and deleting the other one.

Teddy Rogers

You can. Go to My Controls and in the left hand control panel select Change Password. Please read the Help section for further information on this.

Just for interests sake you are also permitted to make one display name change every 30 day period.

Members have quite a lot of flexibility in their control panel on this board but not many people bother to check it out... :)

Ted.

• 8 months later...

It has been over a year since I last prompted users of this site for their thoughts and ideas of the things they like and dislike and encourage all of you to post feedback. If there are things you would like to see changed (or added) across any part of the site please put those ideas forward for 2009. In the past members who have made sensible suggestions have had their ideas implemented or concerns/dislikes acted on...

Ted.

• 3 weeks later...

I have been getting the board cleared up and ready for IPB 3.0. Unfortunately it looks like IPS may be a little time away from releasing IPB 3.0 and Ecliptic is busy in real life at the moment to do a board skin straight away. Plus the fact I intend on holding off from upgrading this board for a few weeks after IPB 3.0 is released simply because it is a big update and I expect some bugs and issues to be ironed out during that time.

To sum up I will probably reupload the skin again for you guys... :)

Ted.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I think we need to do some rearranging on here. The Subforums are a mess. Especially in these 2:

Tutorials / Papers & Guides -> Packers & Protectors

Technical Questions & Answers -> Packers & Protectors

I think all packer and protector sub forums should be arranged in a name by name basis like so:

Armadillo

themida

enigma

crypkey

Asprotect

Aspack

FSG

MEW11

PEMulti

UPX

WinUpack

And so on.

Sure it will be a hard process at first but you can write scripts to do this server side. That will arrange these all into sub folders.

The site would look alot more professional and organized.

I spend half my time on here using the search function to find something. If they were organized into sub forums everyone would

be able to pick and choose the type they want to look up without going thru pages of garbage to find a certain packer or protector.

I will do it myself for 100 bucks thru paypal :) . I wont stop till its all done either. This site really really needs a face lift.

You can do this by a serverside script.

so here is an example

If thread matches this name put into this folder

If text inside thread matches this name put into this folder

If reply matches any of the above only use the first threads post to sort by.

This way if anyone talks about another packer or protector inside that thread it wont be misorganized.

So, there is alittle example of course. You can do this all server side on the ftp or on the server itself.

Its really only these to subforums underneath Reversing / Knowledge Base Forum.

Tutorials / Papers & Guides -> Packers & Protectors

Technical Questions & Answers -> Packers & Protectors

They are totally a mess.. There is no way you should have to look thru that many pages to find all information on 1 packer or 1 protector.

Edited by crypto

Did you check tuts4you.com rather than the forum?

Everything worth saving is stored there in sub categories.....

CodeExplorer

@crypto:

You can sort them how you want!

Look down and you will see this:

orderc.png

Are a lot of way to sort topics: Order: Last Post (default), Order: Last Poster, Order: Topic Title ...

Select Order: Topic Title, under the second one "A-Z", also select "Remember these options" to keep these options!

and click GO.

Edited by CodeRipper

Teddy Rogers

crypto, I can see what you are getting at but its a forum and it isn't meant to be categorised like that. At the end of the day where would you draw the line with the organising. Also topics do cross boundaries so its either one or the other, I already experience this problem occasionally when papers get submitted for addition on Tuts 4 You. It is the same with many technical questions that get asked.

Loki has pointed out if you are after something specific regarding a packer try on the main site page, things are quite well organised on there. At least I intended it to be... :blink:

Ted.

• 7 months later...
Teddy Rogers

Just like in previous years I ask all members of the things they like or dislike at this board (including across the whole site) and if they have suggestions or ideas they wish to raise in which it can be improved. You are welcome to post your comments here or send them to me either by PM or email...

Ted.

• 1 year later...
Teddy Rogers

Well... one year on and as part of my annual review if you have any suggestions or constructive criticism(s) about ways I can improve the forum and the site in general for the year ahead please let me know. Your input and feedback is greatly appreciated...

Ted.

* Removing shoutbox from main window was really nice, thank you! :)

* The biggest annoyance still are crack requests from freshly registered members. But I'll admit - admins are doing wonderful job deleting those posts.

* Blog feature is pretty much unused, maybe Ted could be the first to start blogging regularly? ;)

* "Digital Forensics" and "Software Testing and Static Analysis" subsections are almost empty. Are they worth keeping?

* Removing shoutbox from main window was really nice, thank you! smile.png

Some people liked it and some people didn't so rather than have it continually shoved in the faces of those who did not want to see it I decided to move it. It also has the advantage of dampening peoples enthusiasm for spamming shouts for immediate attention with links to their newly created topic.

* The biggest annoyance still are crack requests from freshly registered members. But I'll admit - admins are doing wonderful job deleting those posts.

Unfortunately this will be an ongoing issue but it is a lot better than it once was. I used to have to trash and ban numerous people on a daily basis a few years back but now its maybe one or two a week. This is probably due to a different type of site visitor than we once got which is good news in itself.

* Blog feature is pretty much unused, maybe Ted could be the first to start blogging regularly? wink.png

True but it is there now so I'll leave the platform open for the odd few to take advantage of it when possible. I personally don't have the time nor enthusiasm to blog and I doubt I would have anything interesting to blog about either wink.png

* "Digital Forensics" and "Software Testing and Static Analysis" subsections are almost empty. Are they worth keeping?

These are new forums so I don't expect much action and especially since the areas are targeted towards specific fields where those persons I presume would/have not generally visited here. Hopefully it will pick up and people will start some interesting topics to follow.

Thanks for the comments and your kind words, if you continue to have ideas or criticisms please raise them to me... thumbs.gif

Ted.

• 3 years later...
Teddy Rogers

It looks like it has been a couple of years since I specifically asked for opinions and suggestions on ways this board and the community can be improved. Towards the end of this month IP.Board 4.1 will be released and we will be migrating to this new version late October early November. In the meantime it gives us the opportunity to take a look at how the community is fairing so I would like your input on what you do or do not like. If you have reasonable suggestions and ideas on things that can be improved on and they can be implemented I will consider them. Also if you do not like something and you think we do not need it or a change needs to be made I would like to know about that too. If you feel you cannot post your thoughts here please send me a message privately.

Take in to consideration we will be migrating to IP.Board 4.1 so keep this in mind. If you have no idea what IP.Board 4.1 is or what it looks like take a look over at the Invision Power board, it is currently running a beta version...

https://community.invisionpower.com/

If you read through this topic (and likely this forum) you will find that I do consider your suggestions and ideas and have implemented various changes over the years. It does not matter if you have one post or 10k I would still like your input, remember this is your community. Thank you...

Ted.

• 1 month later...

I have made some changes to board categories and deleted/merged/renamed some areas. I will be looking at updating the board to IP.Board 4.x over the next few days so there is going to be a very noticeable change there. I am still open to suggestions and ideas if anyone has any...

Ted.

@Teddy - when going to IPB 4.x, please, please add one compact skin. ;) Their default skin is (in my opinion) horrid and wastes 60% of my screen space with, well, space... Maybe it's good for fat-fingered tablet users but I come here for information not swiping, pinching and tapping.

I have made some changes to board categories and deleted/merged/renamed some areas. I will be looking at updating the board to IP.Board 4.x over the next few days so there is going to be a very noticeable change there. I am still open to suggestions and ideas if anyone has any...

Ted.

https://forum.tuts4you.com/topic/37048-possible-suggestion/

This still.

One more thing, would it be possible to improve search function? Currently it doesn't allow words shorter than 4 letters, for example "dll".

So when searching specifically for "armadillo unpack dll" gets me generic topics instead. Or search for "dll injection", and so on.