Psscor4 can help you diagnose high-memory issues, high-CPU issues, crashes, hangs and many other problems that might occur in a .NET application; in scenarios involving live processes or dump files. If you are familiar with SOS.dll, the managed-debugging extension that ships with the .NET Framework, Psscor4.dll provides a superset of that functionality. Most of the added functionality helps you identify issues in ASP.NET. For example, Psscor4 provides the ability to view:
• managed call stacks (with source mappings)
• managed exception information
• what types are in the managed heap and their reference chain
• which ASP.NET pages are running on which thread
• the contents of the ASP.NET cache
• and much more.
Windows 7, Windows Server 2003, Windows Server 2008, Windows Vista, Windows XP
Windows 7;Windows Server 2003;Windows Server 2008;Windows Server 2008 R2;Windows XP You will also need to have the Debugging Tools for Windows installed. Psscor4 supports debugging applications running on .NET Framework 4
Download the Psscor4 self-extracting archive.
Run and extract to a location of your choosing.
• For a full listing of commands, load psscor4 in the debugger and type "!help".
• For more information on specific commands you can type "!help command name".
• Additionally, the ASP.NET debugging blog has posts which cover how to use the tool to solve specific types of problems and other helpful guidance. Please note, the architecture type of the Windows debugger needs to match the architecture type of Psscor4. For example, if you need to debug a 32-bit application, you need to use the 32-bit debugger and load the x86 version of Psscor4.dll.