Tuts 4 You

Save Patch file problem in xdbg

Louatamvik

after edit target in xdbg64 and click to Patch ,when want to save patch ,not save patch.

use latest version of xdbg but I don't know why have this problem!

2022-02-23_205200.png

You're most likely trying to edit / save bytes that don't exist on disk

EDIT: I can't tell from the screenshot alone but you're probably editing the section alignment, the bytes at the end of a section used to round up the size in memory. Instead, write your patch "higher" up, closer to the original code, this is the file alignment and it exists on disk.

Edited by ra1n
1 hour ago, ra1n said:

You're most likely trying to edit / save bytes that don't exist on disk

EDIT: I can't tell from the screenshot alone but you're probably editing the section alignment, the bytes at the end of a section used to round up the size in memory. Instead, write your patch "higher" up, closer to the original code, this is the file alignment and it exists on disk.

this target protected with vmprotect (mean I check  and patch packed program in xdbg64)and I only analyze in xdbg and wanna patch this and succesfully patched but for save have problem to not save patch.

22 hours ago, Louatamvik said:

this target protected with vmprotect (mean I check  and patch packed program in xdbg64)and I only analyze in xdbg and wanna patch this and succesfully patched but for save have problem to not save patch.

That's because you're trying to edit bytes that don't exist on disk; VMProtect creates and unpacks some code in memory.

• 3 months later...