Tuts 4 You

Unpack Challenge (Agile.NET)

Fr4x
Go to solution Solved by ElektroKill,

I have problems with de4dot and agile.net latest version. someone to help me with this devirtualization

in de4dot I have this error.

Methods aren't encrypted or invalid signature
Restoring CSVM methods V1
   CSVM filename: XXXX.Protection.dll
Restoring CSVM methods V2
ERROR: Couldn't restore VM methods. Use --dont-rename or it will not run

Captura de pantalla 2020-11-07 170428.png

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/7/2020 at 4:10 PM, jossethale32 said:

in de4dot I have this error.

Methods aren't encrypted or invalid signature
Restoring CSVM methods V1
Restoring CSVM methods V2
ERROR: Couldn't restore VM methods. Use --dont-rename or it will not run

Captura de pantalla 2020-11-07 170428.png

You can try doing JitDumper or MangedJiterfr4 followed by the tool (no de4dot needed), in some instances it worked for me just fine.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
  • Solution
ElektroKill

Hello, I unpacked the file completely (including VM). Here is how I did it (simplified a bit):

1. After a bit of analysis we can notice that Agile.NET hooks into the Just In Time compiler in order to restore the method code. This can be undone by hooking into the JIT before Agile.NET.

2. Update de4dot to be able to remove simple protections like string encryption, control flow, and reference proxy. This just requires you to update some detections.

3. Spend some time analyzing Agile.NET VM, we find out that it's VM is somewhat different to others as it creates "combined" handlers for multiple opcodes. In order to remove the VM we can utilize de4dot devirtualizer. In order to add support we have to track down the original runtime dll that's shipped with the protector to extract the non-merged handler information.

After some manual cleanup the result is the following, unpacked file attached.

Spoiler

KNEv01p.jpeg

UnpackMe-unpacked.exe

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

Bravo ElectroKill 👍

Can you make a video tut please for that ?  as i have lot of troubles with this protection of agile net .

Spoiler

Can you make a video tut please for that ?  as i have lot of troubles with this protection of agile net .

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

Excellent work ElectroKill 👍

Could you share the tools and also make the video on the steps you highlighted in your post ?  newbie here &  i am facing  lot of troubles with this protection of agile net .

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Could you share the tools and also make the video on the steps you highlighted in your post ? 

On 3/31/2021 at 2:54 AM, ElektroKill said:

Hello, I unpacked the file completely (including VM). Here is how I did it (simplified a bit):

1. After a bit of analysis we can notice that Agile.NET hooks into the Just In Time compiler in order to restore the method code. This can be undone by hooking into the JIT before Agile.NET.

2. Update de4dot to be able to remove simple protections like string encryption, control flow, and reference proxy. This just requires you to update some detections.

3. Spend some time analyzing Agile.NET VM, we find out that it's VM is somewhat different to others as it creates "combined" handlers for multiple opcodes. In order to remove the VM we can utilize de4dot devirtualizer. In order to add support we have to track down the original runtime dll that's shipped with the protector to extract the non-merged handler information.

After some manual cleanup the result is the following, unpacked file attached.

Reveal hidden contents

KNEv01p.jpeg

UnpackMe-unpacked.exe 10 kB · 13 downloads

Cool man. Can you provide those tools that you use and show we How to get that?

• 1 month later...
Hadits follower
On 11/12/2019 at 1:45 PM, N0P/ribthegreat99 said:

i hope u have SnD PERMISSION TO POST IT , AT FIRST BEFORE POST U SHOULD HAVE YCK1509 TAKE PERMISSION FROM YCK1509 . THIS SOFTWARE SRC I HAVE . YCKPERMITTED ME TO SHARE THIS APP binary only not src,

UNTIL POST U SHOULD SEARCH WITH MY USER ID 

I ALREADY POSTED JITDUMPER DNLIB EDTION CREATE BY YCK1509 .

SEARCH BY FOLLOWING MY USER ID

U GET LATEST FIXED BINARY JITDUMPER LAST EDITION WHICH HE LAST MODIFIED FOR ME 

Edited by Death
PLEASE READ WHAT I TRY TO SAY IF I HAVE SPELLING MISTAKE PLS REQUEST TO FIX IT FOR ME , THANKS
  • Thanks 2

• 2 weeks later...

hi

i use this method for exe files and unpacked fine but for dll crash when try use this

there is different method for unpack a dll file?

thank you

Edited by A1234@#

Hadits follower

there is no last edition from me last edition already u have , 

this is the world most powerfull packer as i know , made by china 

Edited by Death

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/23/2021 at 8:27 PM, A1234@# said:

hi

i use this method for exe files and unpacked fine but for dll crash when try use this

there is different method for unpack a dll file?

thank you

Same for me. Does someone has any idea which tools works for dll. I tried managedjiterfr4 and jitdumper both have exception

• 7 months later...
  • 2 months later...

1. Understand the Method Encryption routine of Agile.NET to decrypt Method Bodies. dynamic Routine is not so preferrable as you have to build your unpacker for diff. frameworks and I personally do not like this. Agile have few off-the-route routines for few protected files which you have to handle while you are dealing with static decryption. You can analyze the respective DLL responsible for this.

2. You can update de4dot or can make your own unpacker for fixing Strings/Cflow and other stuff.

3. For VM, You can simply check the de4dot how it used to devirt older version of Agile.NET and you can follow same strategy to update for newer version though if de4dot unable to handle few opcodes you have to add your custom codes.

Regards
(Clique) CLQ

1620691699_Screenshot2022-05-30223419.jpg.1d449aa3fd7cc5ef8cb74b32ebc880e7.jpg

UnpackMe_unp.exe

Edited by BlackHat
  • Like 2