Tuts 4 You

How can Malware(KeyLogger) send data over other network?

mercy12a1

Recently i have been studying on malware analysis on my own, as a college student,through books (Practical Malware Analysis),online tutorials (kienmanowar OLLYDBG) and self programming.

No experience yet ,but i tried to write a simple keylogger program in C, and i was wondering: How can a keylogger program send data over other network to the Attacker?

Assuming the victim's machine has the Internet Connection.

I have done some research on C Socket Programming, but it seems like a non-practical way for a real-life keylogger program to achieve this purpose.

I would appreciate if someone could give me some keywords, links to related documents,or book name so that i can gain more knowledge about this .

Sorry for my English grammar!

Edited by mercy12a1

generally they log to a memory block / buffer or to a file, once that gets full, reaches a specific size, system is idle or whatever event / threshold you decide up on, then it would do the transmission of the logged keystrokes to the target server... 

Edited by evlncrn8

• 2 months later...

Check this out.. it’s basic but shows the details of sending data over inter/intranet, local networking you should be able to use some http (firewalls typically turn the cheek w/ http) and send your socket data keylog somewhere

otherwise youll need to learn some tricks with your own server (c&c) or irc (bot like)

or email it out to some fake email

this is remotely connecting and controlling a machine but the Net info is a good basics to understand