Tuts 4 You

Protecting assembler code

Hi,

I'm looking for a software which can protect assembler code (not compiled binary). It should meet the following requirements:

- Nasm or masm syntax

- 32 and 64bit assembly

- Add junk code

- Add fake jumps

- Preferably also mutate original code

The target goal is to make the code harder to read and understand by human eyes. Nothing else needed. It can be paid or free software. Any recommendations?

Hi,

so you could use ThemidaSDK\Include\Assembly and adding diffrent SecureEngine macros and SecureEngineCustomVMs between your codes you wanna protect / make reading harder.Just have a look on it.Just download the demo and try it.On the other hand there should  be also some open  sources but I dont remember now anymore  but I think some other members will and post some more infos about it later.

greetz

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. Doesn't Themida only works with binaries (and output only in binary format)? Because this is not what I was looking for. Rather input assembler code and get assembler code as output. Very much like this one https://www.pelock.com/obfuscator which sadly only supports 32bit. I'll take a look at the Themida SDK though.

Hi,

that sounds interesting. I couldn't find anything in his post history and via search. I have a new account, maybe I don't have rights to view all places here. Have you a link by any chance?

Hi,

thank you. I've looked at it, it generates junk code but this code seems to be random. When you execute it there is a great chance it crashes. Maybe what I'm looking for is too specific as I found lots of obfuscators and all that kind but all recent are just for binaries or c++, nothing for assembly. Not really want to but I believe I would have to write something myself. I already did at first and inserting junk code wasn't be a problem, but mutate original code is.