Tuts 4 You

write program in assembly

pwnium

Hello there !
how to write a program add two numbers and print the result in text box
in order to print the result we can use SetDlgItemText Funtion , the problem is i don't know how to add two numbers ..
what functions we need ?
am using MASM32 , and RadASM IDE
Regards,

suppose we have to add 20 and 15, you must move the numbers into register, call addition and push it

MOV EAX, 20
MOV EBX, 15
ADD EAX,EBX
PUSH EAX

The result is in EAX

bye

Predator

• Confused 1

here's a good example..

Program to sum two numbers

it kind of depends on what numbers you want to add, base 16(hex) , base 10(normal)...

if it is base 10 you need to convert to hex first add then convert result back to base 10..

Edited by Nemo

i want to add two numbers , base 10
can you give me an example of coverting base 10 to hex !
what functions we need to do that ?

2 hours ago, Predator said:

suppose we have to add 20 and 15, you must move the numbers into register, call addition and push it

MOV EAX, 20
MOV EBX, 15
ADD EAX,EBX
PUSH EAX 

The result is in EAX

bye

Predator

my man ! am not working with console applications !
this is simple , 20 + 15 , i want the user to choose those two numbers if you know what i mean

invoke GetDlgItemInt,Hwnd,IDC_Edit1,0,FALSE

push eax

invoke GetDlgItemInt,Hwnd,IDC_Edit2,0,FALSE

pop ebx

add ebx,eax

result is in EBX just format it and print it out

edit:

Remarks

The GetDlgItemInt function retrieves the text of the specified control by sending the control a WM_GETTEXT message. The function translates the retrieved text by stripping any extra spaces at the beginning of the text and then converting the decimal digits. The function stops translating when it reaches the end of the text or encounters a nonnumeric character.

The GetDlgItemInt function returns zero if the translated value is greater than INT_MAX (for signed numbers) or UINT_MAX (for unsigned numbers).

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/desktop/api/winuser/nf-winuser-getdlgitemint

Edited by sama
info about GetDlgItemInt
  • Like 1
3 hours ago, sama said:

invoke GetDlgItemInt,Hwnd,IDC_Edit1,0,FALSE

push eax

invoke GetDlgItemInt,Hwnd,IDC_Edit2,0,FALSE

pop ebx

add ebx,eax

result is in EBX just format it and print it out

edit:

Remarks

The GetDlgItemInt function retrieves the text of the specified control by sending the control a WM_GETTEXT message. The function translates the retrieved text by stripping any extra spaces at the beginning of the text and then converting the decimal digits. The function stops translating when it reaches the end of the text or encounters a nonnumeric character.

The GetDlgItemInt function returns zero if the translated value is greater than INT_MAX (for signed numbers) or UINT_MAX (for unsigned numbers).

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/desktop/api/winuser/nf-winuser-getdlgitemint

thank you so much ! this is helpful

On 7/17/2018 at 2:07 PM, abdelhamid said:

my man ! am not working with console applications !
this is simple , 20 + 15 , i want the user to choose those two numbers if you know what i mean

Sorry bro, you are right.