Tuts 4 You

Scripts in x64dbg

newhak

Hi,

Can you please tell me if there is any way to run the olleydbg scripts using x64dbg, namely how to run the assembly scripts on x64dbg as it dose not accept that.

• Like 1

Currently you cannot directly use assembly in scripts. The scripting engine is pretty limited because it is not used much. For now you could try to copy the assembled bytes in the process with the "mov" command and do some tricks (save old eip, execute code, restore old eip) to do what you want.

1 hour ago, mrexodia said:

Currently you cannot directly use assembly in scripts. The scripting engine is pretty limited because it is not used much. For now you could try to copy the assembled bytes in the process with the "mov" command and do some tricks (save old eip, execute code, restore old eip) to do what you want.

Do you expect any soon future developement. As you know scripts are very important, in particular, for unpacking e.g. Asprotect., fixing iat etc

Edited by newhak
5 hours ago, newhak said:

Do you expect any soon future developement. As you know scripts are very important, in particular, for unpacking e.g. Asprotect., fixing iat etc

I do not expect any further development. x64dbg is open source and with little investment of time you can easily implement what you need.

5 hours ago, demon_da said:

The only feature that missed in x64dbg and make the olly unbeatable is scripting engine! hope to see odbgscript for s64dbg soon! Thanks to mrexodia

You won't see it from me, ever.

I do not plan to support people running random scripts if they cannot write anything for themselves. Just take 20 minutes a day for a week to contribute to the debugger you think is lacking and your imagination is the limit. It is not hard, it is not magic, it does not require exceptional skill. It just requires an investment of time and a moderate level of interest. If you lack those, why are you even here?

• Like 4
On 21/02/2018 at 11:27 PM, mrexodia said:

I do not expect any further development. x64dbg is open source and with little investment of time you can easily implement what you need.

You won't see it from me, ever.

I do not plan to support people running random scripts if they cannot write anything for themselves. Just take 20 minutes a day for a week to contribute to the debugger you think is lacking and your imagination is the limit. It is not hard, it is not magic, it does not require exceptional skill. It just requires an investment of time and a moderate level of interest. If you lack those, why are you even here?

Calm down my friend !. First and formost, no body asks you to invest your invaluable time to write scripts. It was just an usual question as you here and there, almost in every forum, ask people if they have any suggestions and/or improvements regarding your debugger so if you want to consider the suggestion by demon_da and me that's fine, if not all are up to you otherwise.

Finally, please respect us and do not be so agressive and offensive at people by misuse words and expressions such as "You won't see it from me, ever." or "If you lack those, why are you even here?" as we could simply respond at the same low level. Further, I strongly have a firm view that you have no rights to assess whether we deserve to be members here or not !

Edited by newhak
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
On 2/23/2018 at 8:59 PM, newhak said:

Finally, please respect us and do not be so agressive and offensive at people by misuse words and expressions such as "You won't see it from me, ever." or "If you lack those, why are you even here?" as we could simply respond at the same low level. Further, I strongly have a firm view that you have no rights to assess whether we deserve to be members here or not !

I meant no disrespect, my only intention was to make you consider implementing what you need inside x64dbg yourself. In addition to that I also provided you with a solution to the problem you are having (running asm from a script), which you appear to have glanced over :)

Mr Exodia has gave birth to a project that will allow a debugger that will not only work on xp but also win7,win8.1,win10 both 32 bit and 64 bit, made it open source so you can contribute and add your own features. It has a scriptable engine built in you just need to write them yourself in assembly. That's how it was done before ollydbg script! I think Mr Exodia and the contributers are doing a great job keep it up. Amazing how so many take for granted what is handed on a silver platter. Peace.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...