Tuts 4 You

Flare On 4

rand0m

For the boat game? I didn't use any Linux debugger whatsoever. If I really had to - I'd use IDA with Linux debugger server.

But I'm sure that everyone has his/her favorite tools. :) 

Guys hello. Somebody can help me with 10th task ? i'm really stuck on it. I was recovered some bytes from key (particular 1th, 25, 26 and 27), identified set of characters that can be used on positions in the key and I found the expected length of the key (64b). I was trying to reverse algorithm and trying to create system of xor equations, but all to no avail :(

1 minute ago, Extreme Coders said:

Vanilla gdb is cumbersome to use. As such, I tend to use pwngdb or gef when the need arises, but again there is no replacement for IDA.

Started the challenges late. Currently, on the 5th one.

Yeah I switched to IDA in the end. I'm still at level 6.

@Eskalina: I'm at the pretty much same place, so no suggestions yet. There must be better way than sheer bruteforce..

EDIT: there's no substitute for human eyes. I made semi-interactive tool which allowed me to cycle through all possible set of chars for each byte and printed first 320 bytes decoded.. In few minutes I was able to recover correct key.

Edited by kao
  • Like 1

in level 6, I got one letter of the flag from a certain function, does the same function decrypt the rest of the flag or I should be looking for other functions to call ?

6 hours ago, rand0m said:

in level 6, I got one letter of the flag from a certain function, does the same function decrypt the rest of the flag or I should be looking for other functions to call ?

nevermind, figured it out

Aldhard Oswine

Using Atmel and debugging is was easy :lol:
I need your help in the 10th challenge, any suggestions for the crypto?
How to get correct function from encoded data, how to get correct input

@endered 

Spoiler

Start by replacing 'PEW' string with empty string. :D
When you play you fill the grid to sink the ships. At the end of each level the various 'X' toghether represent a letter.
At the end of the challenge you get these numbers that are the order in which you need to sort those letters. When you sort them out and you perform ROT-13 on the sorted string you will get something readable. :)

Edited by crystalboy
  • Like 1

@Aldhard Oswine Unfortunately i am taking it slowly and i didn't reached level 10 yet.  :P

Considering kao hint by the way it seems that you need a smart bruteforcer :)

On 9/9/2017 at 8:19 AM, kao said:

I made semi-interactive tool which allowed me to cycle through all possible set of chars for each byte and printed first 320 bytes decoded.. In few minutes I was able to recover correct key.

Suggestions:

Spoiler

@quend any more details you can offer? What's not working? I have found that some challenges sometimes require a little nudge to go in the right direction.
@grau I couldn't find the last required item (assuming it ever existed EDIT: whelps, it exists, I was damn blind), so I ended up forcing the program a bit in the right direction. If you have done everything right, 3/4 of the key are all you need to get the flag.

I have seen a number of people doing something like this on twitter, am I doing it right?

Spoiler

flareon4.png.6fd952f6c4a072fe2bfa6279af2584b6.png

Edited by SmilingWolf
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1