si : Startupinfo;
  pi : Process_Information;
  NewData : array[0..1] of byte = ($90,$90);
  NewDataSize : DWORD;
  Bytesread : DWORD;
  Olddata : array[0..1] of byte;

begin

NewDataSize := sizeof(newdata);                          
  IF CreateProcess(nil,'Example.exe',nil,nil,FALSE,      ; >>>>>>>>>>>********** here its like loader work  i neeed change this place to run from memeory mean program is run it fully  then run this code and patch  prog  like > i think need put GetProcessName from memeory 
           Create_Suspended,nil,nil,si,pi) = true then                    

begin
    ReadProcessMemory(pi.hprocess,Pointer($403CEA),@olddata,2,bytesread);
    if (olddata[0] = $75) and (olddata[1] = $19) then
    begin
      WriteProcessMemory(pi.hProcess, Pointer($403CEA), @NewData, NewDataSize, bytesread);
      ResumeThread(pi.hThread);
    end else
    begin
      Messagebox(0,pchar('Bytes not found! Wrong version?...'),pchar('Error'),mb_iconinformation);
      TerminateProcess(PI.hProcess,0);
    end;
    CloseHandle(pi.hProcess);
    CloseHandle(PI.hThread);
  end;

end.

Hi,

if you just want to patch the bytes after the target is fully started then dont use Create_Suspended flag & Resume API.So you could also use a Sleep API to wait some seconds before you start to read / write the bytes.As next you should read the base address of your created process and using it with the RVA check & patch addresses instead to use static VA's and VirtualProtectEx too if needed.

Or if you just want to patch the bytes from extern location / file if your app is already running then use OpenProcess as evlncrn8 already said.

greetz

• Like 1

its same my code

i need know this

example.exe is run fully

now i need patch one byte

so i need make memeory write 

its check memeory process and read and write my code and patch it 

how i fix in my delphi code?  becouse my code its like loader dup2  its run software first then search...and patch its problem of mee

dear lcf

fan write this code you told

@@dont use Create_Suspended flag & Resume API.So you could also use a Sleep API to wait some seconds before you start to read / write the bytes.As next you should read the base address of your created process and using it with the RVA check & patch addresses instead to use static VA's and VirtualP@@

and also OpenProcess ? both can wirte code thanks

Edited by okaydoit

Hi again,

first you need to know what you wanna do.Do you wanna create a loader file what does start your target and patch it or do you wanna build a extern file what does check for your running target to patch it if found etc.

You can use OpenProcess / EnumProcessModules to get the base address of your target and then add your patch RVA to the base = VA address.If you have it then you can check via ReadProcessMemory for the original byte opcode and if found then use WriteProcessMemory to write your byte/s on that VA address.So thats all so far.

Just try a little around if you code with Delphi.

greetz

• Like 1

Here I made a small quick simple example code.It starts your file and does wait 2 seconds before it does patch.Just try this now.

.data
FILENAME db "12345.exe",0h   ; <---- target filename to start
MI      MODULEINFO          <>
PATCH   db 0C3h              ; <---- One byte patch
.data?
STARTUP STARTUPINFO              <> 
PI      PROCESS_INFORMATION      <>
MB      MEMORY_BASIC_INFORMATION <>
BUFFER      db ?
OLDPROTECT  dd ?
.code

mov STARTUP.STARTUPINFO.cb ,sizeof STARTUPINFO
    invoke CreateProcess,offset FILENAME,NULL,NULL,NULL,FALSE,NULL,NULL,NULL,addr STARTUP,addr PI
    .if eax != 0h
        invoke Sleep,2000  ; Wait 2 seconds
        invoke OpenProcess,PROCESS_QUERY_INFORMATION or PROCESS_VM_READ,NULL,PI.PROCESS_INFORMATION.dwProcessId
        .if eax != 0h
            mov edi,eax
            invoke GetModuleInformation,edi,NULL,addr MI,sizeof MODULEINFO
            .if eax != 0h
                invoke VirtualQueryEx,edi,MI.MODULEINFO.EntryPoint,addr MB,sizeof MEMORY_BASIC_INFORMATION
                .if eax != 0h
                    invoke CloseHandle,edi
                    mov esi,MB.MEMORY_BASIC_INFORMATION.AllocationBase ; Base VA
                    add esi,0Ah                                        ; RVA address of check / patch
                    invoke VirtualProtectEx,PI.PROCESS_INFORMATION.hProcess,esi,sizeof BUFFER,PAGE_EXECUTE_READWRITE,addr OLDPROTECT
                    .if eax != 0h
                        LOOPS:
                        invoke ReadProcessMemory,PI.PROCESS_INFORMATION.hProcess,esi,addr BUFFER,sizeof BUFFER,NULL
                        .if eax != 0h
                            .if BUFFER == 00                           ; Check for byte xy
                                invoke WriteProcessMemory,PI.PROCESS_INFORMATION.hProcess,esi,addr PATCH,sizeof PATCH,NULL
                                .if eax != 0h
                                                                       ; Restore old Protect
                                    invoke VirtualProtectEx,PI.PROCESS_INFORMATION.hProcess,esi,sizeof BUFFER,OLDPROTECT,addr OLDPROTECT
                                    invoke MessageBox,NULL,chr$("File was Patched!"),chr$("Info!"),MB_ICONINFORMATION
                                .else
                                invoke MessageBox,NULL,chr$("WriteProcessMemory failed!"),chr$("Problem!"),MB_ICONWARNING
                                .endif
                            .else
                            jmp LOOPS
                            .endif
                        .else
                        invoke MessageBox,NULL,chr$("ReadProcessMemory failed!"),chr$("Problem!"),MB_ICONWARNING
                        .endif
                    .else
                    invoke MessageBox,NULL,chr$("VirtualProtectEx failed!"),chr$("Problem!"),MB_ICONWARNING
                    .endif
                .else
                invoke CloseHandle,edi
                invoke MessageBox,NULL,chr$("VirtualQueryEx failed!"),chr$("Problem!"),MB_ICONWARNING
                .endif
            .else
            invoke CloseHandle,edi
            invoke MessageBox,NULL,chr$("GetModuleInformation failed!"),chr$("Problem!"),MB_ICONWARNING
            .endif
        .else
        invoke MessageBox,NULL,chr$("Can't open process!"),chr$("Problem!"),MB_ICONWARNING
        .endif
    .else
    invoke MessageBox,NULL,chr$("Can't create process!"),chr$("Problem!"),MB_ICONWARNING
    .endif

invoke	ExitProcess, NULL

greetz

• Like 2

Thanks again LCF-AT

I NEED EXACTLY  ***************** wanna build a extern file what does check for your running target to patch it i **************

can show in my code what i need do it / thansk again and sorry waste time 

Hi,

in your code above....

change Create_Suspended to NULL.After that insert a Sleep API with few seconds to wait.Now the question is whether its needed for your target to read the actually base address or not.If not then you can use your direct VA addresses as in your code above.Otherwise you have to read the base and add your patch RVA address.

Something like that....

begin

NewDataSize := sizeof(newdata);                          
  IF CreateProcess(nil,'Example.exe',nil,nil,FALSE,NULL,nil,nil,si,pi) = true then                   

begin
    Sleep 2000
    ReadProcessMemory(pi.hprocess,Pointer($403CEA),@olddata,2,bytesread);
    if (olddata[0] = $75) and (olddata[1] = $19) then
    begin
      WriteProcessMemory(pi.hProcess, Pointer($403CEA), @NewData, NewDataSize, bytesread);
    end else
    begin
      Messagebox(0,pchar('Bytes not found! Wrong version?...'),pchar('Error'),mb_iconinformation);
      TerminateProcess(PI.hProcess,0);
    end;
    CloseHandle(pi.hProcess);
    CloseHandle(PI.hThread);
  end;

end.

....anyway,so just write it new in your Delphi language app etc.On the other hand just use my code I did post above and just enter your RVA address / checking byte / patch byte and try it.

greetz

i again thanks i write 

sleep focuntion 

Sleep(9000);

so its go create process and not open program>>>  just wait only 9 secound  then its run program   so its bad 

i need its open program fulll then after 9 secound  make patch it

note :

i run exmaple.exe

then i attach from memeory  in ollydbg and i patch place and software work fully

Here a small example file you can check also in Olly.Only thing you have to do is to enter your target name (12345.exe to else).The patch does patch 2 nops at RVA 3CEA.If this is your address and you only need to patch 2 nops then you just need to change the name only or also increase sleep value if you need.Just check this out also in Olly.

Enter filename of target in Olly and save...
00403000  31 32 33 34 35 2E 65 78 65 00 00 00 00 00 00 00  12345.exe.......

Enter your patch bytes....
00403028  90 90 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00  ..............

Sleep is set to 3 seconds
00401034  PUSH 0xBB8                             ; /Timeout = 3000. ms
00401039  CALL 004011CC                          ; \Sleep

00401098  ADD ESI,0x3CEA   ; <--- RVA address of your patch

Change BytesToWrite value to more or less / depends on your patch bytes etc
004010B7  PUSH 0x0                               ; /pBytesWritten = NULL
004010B9  PUSH 0x2                               ; |BytesToWrite = 0x2
004010BB  PUSH 0x403028                          ; |Buffer = bones.00403028
004010C0  PUSH ESI                               ; |Address = 0x0
004010C1  PUSH DWORD PTR DS:[0x403248]           ; |hProcess = NULL
004010C7  CALL 004011E4                          ; \WriteProcessMemory

PS: I remvoed ReadProcessMemory API so if you wait long enough then it should be fine.Just make some test.

greetz

Loader.rar

• Like 1
  • 6 years later...