Tuts 4 You

Best protection for C++ code from reversing

micalo

Hi,

I'm new to this forum and I dont know anything about reverse engineering. I have a coder currently making me a c++ program that I want protected. I saw a previous thread which asked what is better out of themida and vmprotect. I dont know why he would limit to these 2 only as there seems to be so much out there. So much question is what software will best protect my c++ code at the moment from reverse engineering. Note i understand from what i have read nothing is 100% protected but what will slow someone down the most?

So far i have looked into Themida/ Code Virtualizer ,VM Protect ,  Obsidium but I'm not qualified to make a call on any of them or something else altogether.  Would really appreciate any guidance from this community.

VirtualPuppet

As previously pointed out in forementioned thread, Themida is your best bet.

The reason he "limited" to those two only, is because they're the most commonly used products on the market (as a result of being the best). Anything else will either be some low-tier tool made by a small company, which seems like it has no flaws in terms of public releases, but do not be fooled; This is only because the popularity of said tool is so non-existant, nobody bothered to make (a) tool(s) for it.

• Like 1

Thanks Sprux, I saw that Oreans who make Themida aslo make a code virtualiser, do you know if this can be combined for extra protection?

VirtualPuppet
1 minute ago, micalo said:

Thanks Sprux, I saw that Oreans who make Themida aslo make a code virtualiser, do you know if this can be combined for extra protection?

It's the same thing.

CodeVirtualizer is the base engine which does the virtualization of functions, while Themida is an extension to that, which also adds anti-dump checks etc.