Tuts 4 You

Compiling TitanEngine by VS2015 failed

Perplex

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,
I already took the time (and the headaches) to do such a compilation.

Here's my "tweaked" project. It's not clean nor glitches-free, but it compiles ;) Anyone is welcome to adjust it to make it more tidy and/or useful.
The project defaults to static lib compilation. You might have to tweak the "client" project too to use the compiled library (because of some linker flags I chose).

Hope it's useful.

Best Regards,
Tony

TitanEngineUpdate.vs2015.rar

Credits to ReversingLabs, Mr.eXoDia et al.

Edited by tonyweb
  • Like 3

(new post just to enable notifications for who downloaded it already)

Just tried on another installation and you might need to follow this advice if you have error rc1015 for afxres.h:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/35436654/cant-open-resource-file-in-vs-2015-cant-open-include-file-afxres-h#38785446

and modify TitanEngine.rc as follows:

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
//
// Generated from the TEXTINCLUDE 2 resource.
//
//#include "afxres.h"
#define IDC_STATIC -1
#include "WinResrc.h"

or, maybe, you can follow this advice

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/3566018/cannot-open-include-file-afxres-h-in-vc2010-express#25809810

and create your own afxres.h

#pragma once

#ifndef _AFXRES_H
#define _AFXRES_H

#if __GNUC__ >= 3
#pragma GCC system_header
#endif

#ifdef __cplusplus
extern "C" {
#endif

#ifndef _WINDOWS_H
#include <windows.h>
#endif

/* IDC_STATIC is documented in winuser.h, but not defined. */
#ifndef IDC_STATIC
#define IDC_STATIC (-1)
#endif

#ifdef __cplusplus
}
#endif

#endif

Regards,
Tony

Edited by tonyweb
code highlight
  • Like 2
6 hours ago, tonyweb said:

Just tried on another installation and you might need to follow this advice if you have error rc1015 for afxres.h:

Just use the visual studio installer to get MFC that should do the trick...

• Like 2

@tonyweb Are you have TitanEngine sample with VS2015? I can't import static lib error in my side (Error LNK2019 unresolved external symbol __imp__AddNewSection referenced in function _main)

@Perplex
Well, this goes a bit beyond the scope of your initial question. Anyway, I had some free minutes and prepared a really basic Win32 project to start with.

Here it is. TitanUpdate.Test.rar

Again, this is not a perfect configuration, but it should compile fine at your end too.

Regards,
Tony

Edited by tonyweb
  • Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
On 1/14/2017 at 1:36 PM, Perplex said:

@tonyweb Are you have TitanEngine sample with VS2015? I can't import static lib error in my side (Error LNK2019 unresolved external symbol __imp__AddNewSection referenced in function _main)

Just change TITCALL and remove __declspec(dllimport) from it.

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

Sorry to bump up this old tread but how the hell used vs 10 on windows 10 this days and the lib is not compiled correctly with vs 2015 only the x64 lib but not the x86 lib because Cr0NpxState; dosent exit on vs2015.

Its are orther name on vs 2015

8 hours ago, accede said:

Sorry to bump up this old tread but how the hell used vs 10 on windows 10 this days and the lib is not compiled correctly with vs 2015 only the x64 lib but not the x86 lib because Cr0NpxState; dosent exit on vs2015.

Its are orther name on vs 2015

Deal with it. The generated lib files work perfectly fine with VS2017 as long as you link dynamically. If you link statically you are most likely violating the LGPL anyway so don't bother.

Edited by mrexodia
  • Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

It works with 2017 your right @mrexodia as i say above the name Cr0NpxState is changed to Spare0 if your change that i dont get LGPL on the dll.

I can compile bot dll's for x86,x64 but it gets me scylla erros on the dlls and on the lib if i us the samble for unpacking.

You don't have to compile with VS2017 to use TitanEngine in VS2017 is what I meant. Just get the latest version from x64dbg and link to the .lib with whatever version of Visual Studio you like.

• Like 1