SHADOW_UA
Go to solution Solved by A200K,

Difficulty : 3
Language : C++ (C++/CLI)
Platform : Windows
OS Version : XP and above
Packer / Protector : Enigma Protector 5

Description :

The goal is to eliminate Enigma Protector from this executable and keep it working afterwards. Write a short tutorial.

Screenshot :

tdBpepo.png

UnpackME.zip

Edited by SHADOW_UA
  • Like 1

• Solution

I dumped the file with MegaDumper, the .net module can be found as rawdump_xxxxx.exe or vdump_xxxx.exe in the UnknownName folder.

Opened Module in DnSpy. The EP is extern (_WinMainCRTStartup), so we have to change it. There is a method called WinMain, which initializes the main form. We set this method to the new EP, change the return type to void (not necessary tho), and remove the parameters.

Then we take a look at the static constructor, remove the locals, remove the exception handlers and clear the method body so it's an empty method. Enable the IL Only flag in the Cor20 header.

Then just save the assembly, and you are good to go. File attached :)

SDQoH8a.png

unpacked_and_fixed.exe

Edited by A200K
Fixed
  • Like 2

crystalboy
6 hours ago, A200K said:
  Reveal hidden contents

I dumped the file with MegaDumper, the .net module can be found as rawdump_xxxxx.exe or vdump_xxxx.exe in the UnknownName folder.

Opened Module in DnSpy. The EP is extern (_WinMainCRTStartup), so we have to change it. There is a method called WinMain, which initializes the main form. We set this method to the new EP, change the return type to void (not necessary tho), and remove the parameters.

Then we take a look at the static constructor, remove the locals, remove the exception handlers and clear the method body so it's an empty method. Enable the IL Only flag in the Cor20 header.

Then just save the assembly, and you are good to go. File attached :)

SDQoH8a.png

unpacked_and_fixed.exe

I did the same approach as you in order to unpack it :) The only difference is that the unpacked file can be even smaller than yours (41 kb) if you remove all unused fields and methods in the namespace where module with token 0x02000001 reside (the module that contain WinMain).

The smallest upacked file that i can obtain is 6Kb.

In attachment my unpacked exe. :)

SHADOW_UA C++_CLI UnpackMe.exe

• Like 2