Tuts 4 You

how to connect Delphi XE 8 to Genymotion?

X-88

I try to compile the code from Delphi XE for android but it takes a long time and heavy because my PC specs are not too good, so I had to cancel, so I download Genymotion to try android application on my PC because it is very light. how to connect Delphi XE 8 to Genymotion as android emulator? and what emulator for iOS / iPhone / iPad / OSX are small and lightweight to test iOS applications? I downloaded iPadian but I do not know if this could be used to try the iOS app?! ... and I do not have an iOS device (iPhone / iPad or Mac etc).
thx b4 :)

Edited by X-88
Extreme Coders

Not a answer, but you can run Android apps on Windows via ArcWelder which is a google chrome extension. It is lot faster than any other emulators out there.

The software is currently in beta stage, so it may not work always correctly.

Note that the extension is a big download  (~130 MB) although it is written about 11.83MB on the page.

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/arc-welder/emfinbmielocnlhgmfkkmkngdoccbadn

https://archon-runtime.github.io/

Not a single one of those android emus have ever worked for me, including ArcWelder.

The android-eee-x86 image can be installed inside vmware/vmworkstation.

u will have to setup internet like normal for a linux box on eth0, but android is used to connecting via wlan0 on their network manager so app store (or whatever they call it) will not be available

otherwise, it's normal & u can install apks & use it for testing ur programs.

embarcadero should already have documentation on all this though considering i see they advertise that delphi supports all these platforms (which I'm not sure if I believe...)

VM

11223791_1056919057652497_72304557301950

GenyMotion

11933443_1056919054319164_36580541964780

iPadian

11952003_1056919050985831_83503666046554

I think there is no problem about it, I use a setting like this when it was the final stage.
1. SU
2. ip address / ifconfig eth0
3. ping www.yahoo.com
4. setprop net.dns1 8.8.8.8that is my problem,
I do not know the gateway address to connect between RAD XE8 with Virtual Machine. I use a VM Ware & VM Virtual Box to run Free BSD (Android Kit-Kat v4.4.2).
and I had to share RAM with Virual Machine + RAD XE 8 apps are consuming so much RAM, the same as XE RAD 8 + AVD.
I tried Andydroid EMU / Blue Stack Error on my PC.My PC specs:
Processor: Core 2 Duo 1.8GHz
RAM: 2GB DDR3
HDD: 320GB
Partitioning System on C: 100GB now the rest of 13GB free space.
and I tried Geny Motion lighter than others but I'm still confused connect XE RAD 8 to Geny Motion.and for Apple Software / iOS / iPad / iPhone / OS X, OS IX etc. I read on a blog, I need to download XCode sized 3,6GB and it can not be downloaded with Downloader so it can not resume when the connection is lost, because my ISP is unstable so I felt it was terrible.
previously. I think its extension * .exe but it turns its extension * .dmg, I do not know how I should run the * .dmg on XE RAD 8?! ...
sorry about my English !.

On the android - try to ping 8.8.8.8 (or any IP) - if it pings then u just need set your DNS (could be in /etc/resolv.conf too)

If not, make sure dhcpd is running, make sure output from ifconfig eth0 is right, make sure eth0 is up, etc - ie the normal network maintance stuff - many tuts around

ur gateway is ur router ip, but dhcp handles all that for u.

u can keep ur RAM on host machine and make a swap file for VM to use. good option for machines w/limited resources. Slightly slower than hardware ram but better than sharing.

im not farmiliar w/delphi xe8, but u need make a x86 apk file (maybe read this? - http://stackoverflow.com/questions/30508697/how-to-set-cpu-architecture-in-apk-for-google-play )

then move to android via sd, web file host browser download, etc. from there install it normally

a lot of info on all this, be sure to read android-x86.org

also, i dont code for iOS/iPhone but almost 100% certain if u use their normal language / IDE instead of delphi all this will be 10x easier, same thing for android

On the android - try to ping 8.8.8.8 (or any IP) - if it pings then u just need set your DNS (could be in /etc/resolv.conf too)

If not, make sure dhcpd is running, make sure output from ifconfig eth0 is right, make sure eth0 is up, etc - ie the normal network maintance stuff - many tuts around

ur gateway is ur router ip, but dhcp handles all that for u.

u can keep ur RAM on host machine and make a swap file for VM to use. good option for machines w/limited resources. Slightly slower than hardware ram but better than sharing.

im not farmiliar w/delphi xe8, but u need make a x86 apk file (maybe read this? - http://stackoverflow.com/questions/30508697/how-to-set-cpu-architecture-in-apk-for-google-play )

then move to android via sd, web file host browser download, etc. from there install it normally

a lot of info on all this, be sure to read android-x86.org

also, i dont code for iOS/iPhone but almost 100% certain if u use their normal language / IDE instead of delphi all this will be 10x easier, same thing for android

yes i know,

in about late 2009 I tried eclipse & netbean, and in 2013 I tried studio Android v0.5 but it makes my computer run heavy when I compile a simple code like "Helllo World" so I uninstalled it. and try RAD XE 8 quite comfortably. when compile Library *.so to *.apk I cancel the process and then I run manually by ADV can run though still chaotic. but I do not know the last few days it all does not go on as before. so I install Geny Motion. let's say android matter was solved.

there may be someone who knew how to build / compile iOS (iPhone & iPad Apps extension) using RAD Studio and run it with the other iOS emulator such iPadian, without using XCode and the iPhone or iPad Device(because I do not have a device like that)?.

because iPadian very light and comfortable but unfortunately, that I know iPadian can only run apps downloaded from iPadian store, maybe someone knows it can be uploaded and downloaded from the existing browser on iPadian of another media hosting?

Edited by X-88

I won't get started on how much I dislike google & apple but simply put they are not friendly towards native devs so good luck.

On Genymotion, are u able to install apps from google play like u would normally on a real phone? Any downsides to using it?

yup. many people have said, there are still many shortcomings to develop 3D applications.

Genymotion like real cell phones, can install and run the application offline / online just drag & drop, I actually have an android device, but I felt uncomfortable to be stuck / Unplugging USB every time I test the android application that I made :)

I still do not understand the impact of downsides using it.