Tuts 4 You

some improvement suggestion.

Dragon Palace

Dragon Palace

1. how about add horzontal and vertical scroll bar in each windows, ie: assembler window, register window

2. how about add CTRL + F to find special string in searched list strings?

3. How about infobox? implement it yet? If I want to serial fishing when use it to show serial numbers when I infinity F7, F8,

Dragon Palace

much better in v2.1 alpha, like string search get much better improved, but little more suggestion:

1. scroll bar not implement yet in infobox, if i change infobox font to large, I can't see third line info.

2. How about add "BP ESP" in register window by right mouse click? when people try to unpack simple packer like upx?

3. any plan implement graphics view mode like in IDA?

Edited by DragonLoft

I agree w/DragonLoft 100%. x64dbg can replace IDA, for x86/x64 at least

The main feature behind IDA is their QGraphicsView w/rectangles that display ASM instructions, then lines connect them to other rectangles, and all can be freely moved around by clicking right? Correct me if wrong, but I think this is the only feature that makes it popular as everything else I've seen in many other debuggers.

Look at the "elastic nodes" example in Qt (http://qt-project.org/doc/qt-4.8/graphicsview-elasticnodes.html). Pretty sure that the "IDA graphic engine" is based on this source code. I was able to make some basic edits to get green rectangles instead of yellow circles but didnt have too much time. IMO based on this source it's possible to recreate IDA graphic engine from scratch although I havent done it personally.

edit - mistake they use graphics scene not view

Edited by simple
Dragon Palace

1. yep, the scroll bar is disabled there. i will check it out.

2. already implemented

3. what do you mean? graph view?

1. I was saw jump line enable or disable status in infobox in OllyDBG, so can you add it too?

2. If already implemented, can you show me where it is? see picture. 

2r5fdvm.jpg

3. yes, graph view, see picture.

5_plain_graph_view.gif

Edited by DragonLoft

The idea implementing a IDA-like graph arises to me some time ago while coding some stuff. I like that! I already had a conversation with Mr.Exodia about it and I did some experiments already with that and used a basic version of the Sugiyama heuristic. But before one have to enhance the analysis-code to gather the data. At the moment I think it is more important to have the docking-feature of windows as IDA has.

• Like 2

The idea implementing a IDA-like graph arises to me some time ago while coding some stuff. I like that! I already had a conversation with Mr.Exodia about it and I did some experiments already with that and used a basic version of the Sugiyama heuristic. But before one have to enhance the analysis-code to gather the data. At the moment I think it is more important to have the docking-feature of windows as IDA has.

i think its better to implement via a plugin as to inbuild, i think it would take quite a while? i would really kill IDAs position ..., but who cares :P

agree on the docking-feature.

Basic graphing shouldn't take too long, the ollygraph plugin is just 400 lines of code (iirc). The only problem with that one appears to be the placement of the nodes and it fails with more than X nodes.

For the next release I will work on the bugs though and maybe unicode support...

Greetings

@DragonLoft: I implemented your suggestion for the infobox and thanks for pointing me to the HWBP on [RSP], it was added, but there was a bug in the code, so it was never displayed. It's all fixed in the development version now.

Greetings