Tuts 4 You

.sys x64 protectors other than nooby / vmprotect?

relentless1

relentless1

hi, just wondering if there is any out there other than these two?

vmprotect 3 is coming out in 3 months according to their team which suggests that license/hardware protection will be part and parcel of the release which is great news and a more compatible vm.

just looking for a packer of some kind for drivers.

thanks.

I think you cannot pack/protect x64 drivers without having the OS whine about ERROR_INVALID_SIGNATURE...

Other x64 protectors are Enigma and Themida/Winlicense, but I'm not certain if they support drivers.

Greetings

I know some companies advertise it, but has anyone actually used a driver packer themselves, x86 or x64, here successfully?

relentless1

Yeh vmprotect works well on the mutation option, memory guard works and debugger detection.

Shame its only vmprotect and nooby that work properly.

I tried some "packer" a while back and it was the fast lane to BSOD city. VMProtect sounds ok but for me if u have to change source code its not worth it for kernel mode

But to answer your question, yes theres several native packers that work in x64 drivers, read about RtlCompressBuffer & RtlDecompressBuffer. theyre easily customizable

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I think you cannot pack/protect x64 drivers without having the OS whine about ERROR_INVALID_SIGNATURE...

Other x64 protectors are Enigma and Themida/Winlicense, but I'm not certain if they support drivers.

Greetings

I assume its somehow possible to re-sign the executable after its packed.

EDIT: I only just noticed how slow this forum moves and the thread date, sorry for bumping it.

Edited by cld