Tuts 4 You

Using a Tabbed Interface?

Teddy Rogers

Instead of having individual windows is it possible to have them on the one screen located under tabs? It would also be nice to be able to then pull the windows/tabs out and drag them to different screens for multi-monitor support...

Ted.

• Like 1

just tested a target, runs like butter! can i search for text strings already? if not i can use IDA to assist me there and then patch and stuff in your debugger.

looking forward to more improvements. well done so far!

used the bin_public version!

Edited by Artic

Instead of having individual windows is it possible to have them on the one screen located under tabs? It would also be nice to be able to then pull the windows/tabs out and drag them to different screens for multi-monitor support...

Ted.

Thanks for the interest! Do you mean that the memory map, log window and CPU window are tabs inside the GUI, or do you mean that the Dump/Stack/Disasm/Register windows are tabs? We are planning a dump/cpu with tabs, so you can work in multiple disassemblies/dumps at once...

For the detaching, it's not a problem to implement is a right click on the title bar good enough?

Greetings

• Like 1

I think all windows would be good to have their own tab so it is a lot easier to cycle through them; CPU, Memory Map, Log, etc. I think its a tidier way of being able to cycle through windows quickly.

Detaching could involve a few ways, right clicking as you suggest or simple drag and drop to the desired screen. Then dragging back to the main window to reattach if/when required.

Also nice progress on this!

Ted.

looks good and works well under my windows 8 x64. Lack of address to symbol resolving is probably the biggest thing I miss in this first release.

Also it would be good if you could add some help command to list existing commands. I noticed one bug on x64 relative address to absolute address calculation is incorrect, truncated.

just tested a target, runs like butter! can i search for text strings already? if not i can use IDA to assist me there and then patch and stuff in your debugger.

looking forward to more improvements. well done so far!

used the bin_public version!

Currently it's not yet possible to search for text strings, same with memory patching. It's possible to patch a few bytes though (read the help file on how to do that). We are first focusing on the basic features:

- disasm, working

- register view/edit, working

- dump, nope

- stackview, will come when the dump is ready

I think all windows would be good to have their own tab so it is a lot easier to cycle through them; CPU, Memory Map, Log, etc. I think its a tidier way of being able to cycle through windows quickly.

Detaching could involve a few ways, right clicking as you suggest or simple drag and drop to the desired screen. Then dragging back to the main window to reattach if/when required.

Also nice progress on this!

Ted.

Hm, I understand what you mean, but there would be a lot of empty space, especially when you have a big screen. I think I will work on 'workspace' tabs, where you can place your own windows in, is this good too?

Images with a little test tabview:

image.png

image.png

looks good and works well under my windows 8 x64. Lack of address to symbol resolving is probably the biggest thing I miss in this first release.

Also it would be good if you could add some help command to list existing commands. I noticed one bug on x64 relative address to absolute address calculation is incorrect, truncated.

Thanks! The GUI has label/comment support, so it should be no problem to implement this. We will fix the truncated address bug, probably it's easy to fix.

EDIT: where is this bug? the disassembly view seems good :s

Greetings

Edited by Mr. eXoDia
  • Like 1

EDIT: where is this bug? the disassembly view seems good :s

it's in disassembly view e.g.

000000014000106e ff258c0f0000             JMP QWORD [0x0000000140002000]

using x64_dbg I get

000000014000106e ff258c0f0000             jmp qword ptr ds:[40002000]