Tuts 4 You

Additions in CPU tab?

Siarogak

Mr. eXoDia is it possible to make some additions in CPU tab? I think It will be very usefull to add option to make view like this 47154dc29ce6854ad8a23c5daa1bd552.png

Edited by Siarogak

@Siarogak: I don't play copying IDA, since I do not really like the IDA view for debugging. What is the reason you want a view like this? The only reason I would want to use this type of view is the hightlighting of registers etc when you click on them. This feature has been added. Press ctrl+h when inside the disassembly view to use this feature.

Tell me if you have any more features of thid view you want to see implemented.

Greetings

EDIT: or do you mean displaying the section in front of the address?

Edited by Mr. eXoDia
EDIT: or do you mean displaying the section in front of the address? 

yes

Edited by Siarogak

Currently I implemented this inside the InfoBox, I don't see any point in prefixing every single address with the section, so if you wanna know the section you can click on an address:

x64_dbg_section.png

Greetings

Edited by Mr. eXoDia
  • Like 1

I understand, you don't want to copy IDA, but some features is very usefull. I think it is a good idea to take all the best from olly, ida and etc. For example, subview Segments from IDA, where every segment has a name, and this name displaying in front of address. It is very handy when debugging.   

So, if it is hard to implement, I can understand you don't want to implement it. 

If you read my previous post you would have seen that I already implemented it, not in front of the address in the disassembly, but in an info pane below the disasaembly. The reason for this is that the disassembly will get far too wide if another 8 characters are prepended to the address :)

Could you show me the segments view and other options of IDA you like, I dont use IDA that much.

Greetings

• Like 1

@Siarogak: Whats the difference with the memory dump, except for the slightly different information columns?

Greetings

where every segment has a name, and this name displaying in front of address.

look at debug023 and so on.

Edited by Siarogak

Thats just a name for something that has no name at all. Whats the actual feature you would like to have implemented? This is far too vague for me.

so if you wanna know the section you can click on an address:

yes, it is, but it works when you click on function start. so i made few screenshots to show you difference.

1)

a05e4948777612e64e780eb1899ce078.png

2)

0d614220bdc15d824c3dd3e63e81f070.png

3) IDA

dc78491f22b7ae45fb0dad04b5d69147.png

4) 

4640daf8a4114809ff97e698b652702b.png

Edited by Siarogak
  • Like 1

Currently I implemented this inside the InfoBox, I don't see any point in prefixing every single address with the section, so if you wanna know the section you can click on an address:

x64_dbg_section.png

Greetings

thats enough for me, from where do you know suckmypic? thats only used for one german page.

• Like 1

@Artic: I talk a lot with german people it seems. I know it from a german guy and the host seems solid, so I use it a lot.

@Everyone:

I plan on implementing something like:

notepad.exe|.text:00401000 <label>
You can see the module you're currently disassembling in the window title though, just like the pid and thread id.

Hopefully I'll have time to work on x64dbg more soon, I feel like it's getting better and better everytime. Thanks to you guys for the suggestions and support.

Greetings

• Like 1