Tuts 4 You

I want to learn programming : which language you advise me..

zingle

Hello,

I want to learn just one programming language ,Which one deserves to devote my time.

Delphi,VB,dot net..

Edited by zingle

I would start with python. Its powerful, and although you wont be making pure executables, you will learn the basics of algorithms and you can interact with the windows api to write basic debuggers, tracers etc if you want to.

After that, move onto something more complex. MASM and C are my languages of choice, but .NET is also an option. I've never been a delphi fan but some of the guys here use it all the time.

• Like 3

Why u want to code?

If it's for educational/fun purposes to learn how machines work, then C (or even C++/ASM) is probably the best place to start and can fulfill u. Once u learn these any other language should come easy.

If it's for work, then .net, php, etc are popular because these languages are easier, faster, lower quality & cheaper to develop than native (c,c++, etc) languages, as such more attractive to people/businesses and more work available.

you sure not start with c as its very hard to understand if you never before try to program

for vb and dotnet there are huge amount of tutorials,books,etc for delphi you cannot find that many stuff.

here you go some usefull tutorials many programming language 

http://www.voidrealms.com/index.php?r=tutorial/index

on the left side click on drop box.

delphi

http://learndelphi.tv/index.php?option=com_content&view=section&layout=blog&id=4&Itemid=27
Edited by Dreamer

Hey dreamer, personally I started w/C, but it's just my opinion. I guess it's the same as if u think someone should learn to swim by jumping in the ocean and learn as they go or use those arm based flotation devices. Many just jump in though

• Like 1

I would start with python. Its powerful, and although you wont be making pure executables, you will learn the basics of algorithms and you can interact with the windows api to write basic debuggers, tracers etc if you want to.

After that, move onto something more complex. MASM and C are my languages of choice, but .NET is also an option. I've never been a delphi fan but some of the guys here use it all the time.

Thank you,

Can i ask you this question : why almost applications are programmed with .Net,c++,delphi and not Python.

you sure not start with c as its very hard to understand if you never before try to program

for vb and dotnet there are huge amount of tutorials,books,etc for delphi you cannot find that many stuff.

here you go some usefull tutorials many programming language 

http://www.voidrealms.com/index.php?r=tutorial/index

on the left side click on drop box.

delphi

http://learndelphi.tv/index.php?option=com_content&view=section&layout=blog&id=4&Itemid=27

Thanks.

Which is  better to start with .Net,delphi;or to start with c.

a. Because Python is designed for different purposes. It's great for making small scripts, it can be used for some web programming, but it's hard to make good User Interface (buttons, editboxes, dialogs, etc.) in Python.

b. For a beginner - start with some .NET language. .NET framework does lots of things automatically for you, it's harder to make mistake that causes application to crash, etc.

• Like 1

a. Because Python is designed for different purposes. It's great for making small scripts, it can be used for some web programming, but it's hard to make good User Interface (buttons, editboxes, dialogs, etc.) in Python.

b. For a beginner - start with some .NET language. .NET framework does lots of things automatically for you, it's harder to make mistake that causes application to crash, etc.

Thank you,

I think i will start with .Net.

About the reason Why i want to learn Programming ? I think it's time for me to GIVE something to help someone,that's why..

Thank you all..

• 3 weeks later...

I can say as someone into middle age who uses Delphi professionally and Pascal in general for about 30 years, I wish I had my initial education in a *nix environment.

I'd go with C# if you wanna go easy, otherwise learn C/C++

If you just wanna script some small tools, go with Python

Dont bother VB.NET or any crappy language. Once you know C/C++/C# anything is easy (except for languages like haskell)

• 3 months later...

I know the thread is old 

im gonna try do a small battle for python. :shutup:

True that it was a small script languege.

But it does have have grown,  since these old coders  learned there first Hello World :wheelchair:

Its easy to learn.Fast as lighting

you can use ironpython (just the name sounds cool :marinheiro: ) for developing Net apllications with python. You can develope full scale applications no problem, and its fully intregrated into VSstudio http://ironpython.net/

Qt+python for doing small widgets.

Q+python is easy for button setups and fill the code in later.

Fast building apps for android + Mac

i could name a dosen more , but its capalaty is fully up there with the others.

“Knock, knock.”
“Who’s there?”
very long pause….
“Java.

Edited by zadow

I know the thread is old 

im gonna try do a small battle for python. :shutup:

True that it was a small script languege.

But it does have have grown,  since these old coders  learned there first Hello World :wheelchair:

Its easy to learn.Fast as lighting

you can use ironpython (just the name sounds cool :marinheiro: ) for developing Net apllications with python. You can develope full scale applications no problem, and its fully intregrated into VSstudio http://ironpython.net/

Qt+python for doing small widgets.

Q+python is easy for button setups and fill the code in later.

Fast building apps for android + Mac

i could name a dosen more , but its capalaty is fully up there with the others.

I have to say: IronPython looks really good! I'm gonna install that.

Greetings

After reading this article I have decided to go on programming too. With this regard, which software should you recommend aside from Python?

Thank you.

After reading this article I have decided to go on programming too. With this regard, which software should you recommend aside from Python?

Thank you.

i recommend to do a thread exactly like zingle so we dont ruin more that  "i allready did " he got his answer

Then the battle of the langueges continue. :protest:

Edited by zadow

@TheMind: The advice posted in this topic is the same for you: Python, or any .NET language (C# is better imo, because you can more easily 'step up' to C++).

I agree on zadow. The discussion is finished here. Nobody proposed haskell, so all is said here, just use what you feel most comfortable with.

Greetings

Thanks everyone for the great inputs. Browsed and downloaded Visual Studio 2012 (VS 2013 is available but too early for there are no references/tutorials available yet). Downloaded some pdf books related to C#. A good start to play with. :play_ball:

Highly appreciated all inputs.

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...

vs10, vs12, vs13 is all the same, its the language you need to learn, not the ide.

Oh I see, what I thought to learn C# I do need a program like VS 2012.

I am confused. :scratch: