Tuts 4 You

x64dbg

mrexodia

In X32:
1- When the MOV instruction patch does not resolve correctly.

error-x32-1.wmv

2- When you drag a program to debug if already loaded another x32 x64 crashes, but it's no problem occurs des notes that the tab was added.

error-x32-2.wmv

In X64 if not an error is rather an aesthetic problem to patch an instruction concerning registration ds patched window shows a displacement + ip address.

x64.wmv

• 2 weeks later...

Since the changes made from snapshot Build # 204 (Nov 24, 2015 1:57:45) going slow on xp x32.
Some instructions follow parcheandose x32 wrong. Error-x32-1.wmv video.

Edited by sstrato
On 20.11.2015, 00:21:19, Mr. eXoDia said:

@GIV: could you try if you can scroll to the stack address manually from where it goes in the dump?

I cannot. This is a huge bug IMHO. I hope it will be fixed.

Another issue.

I have installed and used the 64bit version on a random program to see how is behave.

If i try to run the program under the debugger the debugger crash.

Here is a video.

If i made patches to the dump without running the patches widow freeze and the program crash also.

Is the lastest snapsot of X64dbg with Scyllahide plugin and run as administrator.

Edited by GIV

Could you try without ScyllaHide? People have been reporting weird access violations lately with it.

I will check it out when I can.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

As far as I know there are no breaking changes that involve XP support. Is it missing any imports or is there something else? XP is not officially supported and nobody tests on it do I cannot verify.

Greetings

• Like 1
8 hours ago, Mr. eXoDia said:

Hello,

As far as I know there are no breaking changes that involve XP support. Is it missing any imports or is there something else? XP is not officially supported and nobody tests on it do I cannot verify.

Greetings

2015-12-22_115625.png.541acf324ed8bcd62e

Some time ago, @Mr. eXoDia switched to new Visual Studio - and it produces executables that won't run in XP. It's the same thing with ScyllaHide.

@sstrato: If you compile your own build with older VisualStudio and properly target WinXP, it should work just fine.

4 hours ago, Mr. eXoDia said:

kao: we are building with the v120_xp platform, I think someone just used the wrong API there :)

K32EnumProcessModules, K32GetMappedFileNameW, K32GetModuleFileNameExW (Kernel32.dll) No soportadas por XP.

EnumProcessModules, GetMappedFileNameW, GetModuleFileNameExW (Psapi.dll) Ok XP.

Edited by sstrato
3 hours ago, sstrato said:

K32EnumProcessModules, K32GetMappedFileNameW, K32GetModuleFileNameExW (Kernel32.dll) No soportadas por XP.

EnumProcessModules, GetMappedFileNameW, GetModuleFileNameExW (Psapi.dll) Ok XP.

Recently someody changed a definition. Probably it can easily be fixed.

On 17/11/2015 at 9:02 PM, sstrato said:

In X32:
1- When the MOV instruction patch does not resolve correctly.

error-x32-1.wmv

2- When you drag a program to debug if already loaded another x32 x64 crashes, but it's no problem occurs des notes that the tab was added.

error-x32-2.wmv

In X64 if not an error is rather an aesthetic problem to patch an instruction concerning registration ds patched window shows a displacement + ip address.

x64.wmv

It is possible to solve the problems of this post. default_smile.png

Edited by sstrato
On 26-12-2015 at 11:36 AM, sstrato said:

It is possible to solve the problems of this post. default_smile.png

#1 I think we solved it https://github.com/x64dbg/x64dbg/issues/416

#2 checked just now, it's also solved

#3 is not solved but its on the list.

The latest version is available from http://releases.x64dbg.com or http://jenkins.x64dbg.com the sourceforge repository is now deprecated so maybe you don't have the latest snapshot because of that.

Greetings

• Like 1

@sstrato: yea, just confirmed the issue. The reason for this is that XEDParse has a bug that doesn't automatically assemble in ss mode. To solve it (for now), add the ss flag by hand.

Greetings

• Like 1