Tuts 4 You

[UnpackMe] ARTAN Protector UnpackMe

Gladiator

Hi

Please Unpack and rate it

Artan maybe be new persian protector...

thanks.

Hint : Attachment file has been changed because of my mistake ( incompatible in some windows )

UnpackMe.rar

Edited by Gladiator

Raham I think this is not the best method to unpack it :)

Dumping memory regions will blow the exe size. A better method would be fixing the resource manually but since it is Delphi app hell it is a lot of work :)

Also why you move the redirected addresses manually? you could just leave them unfixed and don't cut them with ImportREC.

Edited by Lostin

@Lostin

1.Null Terminated Record need in parsing import. so i did that because it had reason :D

2.Yes! surely thats better, and i know it! but its just a simple unpackme. and no one work a lot on a

just unpackme ( a non-comercial protector)! 

Kind Regards

Edited by Raham
  • Like 1

Nice work Jerry :)

But you have missed string tables ;)

However those are only required for exceptions.

• Like 1

Hint : Attachment file has been changed because of my mistake ( incompatible in some windows )

and its not your?!

Edited by Raham

and its not your?!

No, this is not mine ; i have some unpack me from this unknown protector and upload wrong release to board...

I want to learn how to unpack it and there is not tut about unpack this so i have to make some question to know how this is strong or not and know if there are IAT redirection there is really redirection or not...

Edited by Gladiator

• 1 month later...

No, this is not mine ; i have some unpack me from this unknown protector and upload wrong release to board...

I want to learn how to unpack it and there is not tut about unpack this so i have to make some question to know how this is strong or not and know if there are IAT redirection there is really redirection or not...

The OEP can be reached quite easy and the redirection can be bypassed by a simple swith from JNB to jmp.

I reached the OEP by using this method.

1. Load the exe in Olly. Run

2. Pause. Open memory map. View in dissasembler. Search for intermodular calls. BP on write on  last one.

3. Restart. Run until you see the api in register. Put a mem bp on code section on access and there will be the OEP.

For the iat redirection i have saved a hex search pattern and i found the redirection in a instant. Otherwise are 12 API's that you will need to fix by hand.

After finding OEP and canceling the IAT redirection i have been lost. I have no ideea why the dump does not run. I try to trace sometime but i have no patience and my knowledge is low so i have quit.

The OEP can be reached quite easy and the redirection can be bypassed by a simple swith from JNB to jmp.

I reached the OEP by using this method.

1. Load the exe in Olly. Run

2. Pause. Open memory map. View in dissasembler. Search for intermodular calls. BP on write on  last one.

3. Restart. Run until you see the api in register. Put a mem bp on code section on access and there will be the OEP.

For the iat redirection i have saved a hex search pattern and i found the redirection in a instant. Otherwise are 12 API's that you will need to fix by hand.

After finding OEP and canceling the IAT redirection i have been lost. I have no ideea why the dump does not run. I try to trace sometime but i have no patience and my knowledge is low so i have quit.

Thanks for your try and thanks for implementing your way to unpack

i hope you got success ;)

Edited by Gladiator

Did you rebuild the dump with LordPE, or similair?

Here is what i have managed to do so far.

P.S.

For IAT redirection i use  this search pattern:

83 3D ?? ?? ?? ?? 00 76 ?? A1

Artan.rar

• Like 1

You can try to load the crashing dump in Olly and patch all the errors.

Good luck.

Edited by Blizzard

You can try to load the crashing dump in Olly and patch all the errors.

Good luck.

Thtat is what i sayd before.

That i cannot manage any furter.

:)

Here is what i have managed to do so far.

P.S.

For IAT redirection i use  this search pattern:

83 3D ?? ?? ?? ?? 00 76 ?? A1

so many thanks for tut :)

• 5 weeks later...

Nice work Apuromafo

Thanks for share tuts ;)

PS: it would be better to release tuts in english

Edited by Gladiator

Hi

Please Unpack and rate it

Artan maybe be new persian protector...

thanks.

hi all

@Gladiator , i download your UnPackme and run its in windows 7 64bit but that's not working !!! and crash my OS.

hi all

@Gladiator , i download your UnPackme and run its in windows 7 64bit but that's not working !!! and crash my OS.

Hi

Thanks for testing but there should be no problem with windows 7 X64

but it maybe because of anti-debug routines and its fixed in version 1.2 ( new release of artan protector )

• 1 month later...