Tuts 4 You

Anti-Dumping - Part 3

waliedassar

It indeed makes sense that the memory manager doesnt mapp huge zero-regions...now we i know why protectors always write some junk data to these high-mem regions. :)

I don't think Scylla is vulnerable to these 2 anti-dump tricks.

About the watch-threads: I don't think this is a good option, because e.g. in olly you can easily see and suspend threads.

I don't think this is a good option, because e.g. in olly you can easily see and suspend threads.

that`s what you say now. :teehee:

can be really annoying, and mulit-thread debugging in olly (but also in general) isnt really a lot of fun, imo.

not to mention when the protection threads are being protected by other protection threads, etc.

ok so I will add this to scylla:

typedef NTSTATUS (WINAPI *def_NtSuspendProcess)(HANDLE ProcessHandle);

NtSuspendProcess = (def_NtSuspendProcess)GetProcAddress(hModuleNtdll, "NtSuspendProcess");

and the problem is gone :cupidarrow: I will make this an option...

Actually, Scylla and VSD were the ones i used while testing these two tricks.

Scylla is a good dumper but :

For the first trick, it gets fooled by the huge size and start reading it causing the OS to suffer alot for a while. I know it is not Scylla's fault. But i guess smarter ways to dump it do really exist.

For the second trick, Just try scylla on a Multi-processor system. Don't try it inside Virtualbox (SP).

Regarding the "ZwSuspendProcess" function, you are right it works against the second trick.

Edited by waliedassar