Tuts 4 You

Tuts 4 You Main Page New Look... Opinions?

Teddy Rogers

Teddy Rogers

I have changed the design of the main page on Tuts 4 You. Please tell me what you think and give me your opinions. Note I am looking for a new logo and still to come up with an "About" page so these are not finished as yet and I have made a logo request here...

http://forum.tuts4yo...main-page-logo/

Ted.

Teddy Rogers

very easy to navigate

very Friendly

looks very good

Thank you for working hard for the

community and members of tuts4you

Hi,

hmmmm so I don't like the new look.Just a question of taste of course but its not my thing the new look.Was looking better before.Now all is looking a bit too large for me.Or maybe you can also add the old colors like before maybe then the new style would be look better again.

Info: So if you use the search engine more than one time then you always have to wait for 20 seconds.Why?Can you disable it Ted?

What about some search changes?So the engine does still not work if you wanna use less letters than 4.LCF-AT does not match to find something like before too. :) Why does it not use also the "-" sign too or maybe some "" signs like google it does or maybe this way LCF*AT?Maybe you can change there something etc so that its possible to find everything on normaly searching.

greetz

Teddy Rogers

LCF-AT... how would I know you wouldn't like it - lol! :)

I am sure you will get used to it like all the other little site changes over time but remember the main site page has long been overdue a new look and a little overhaul.

Nothing has changed with search except for the addition of an option for the user to select if they wanted to search Google, however I disabled this feature because I see it being of little benefit. All the changes are cosmetic and if anything search should now be even quicker because I have removed comments so there is less to search through...

Ted.

emptied my cache, tried different browsers....but i dont see any change. :)

maybe it`s so subtle i just didnt notice?

EDIT

ok, i see it`s just the dl area.

it somehow feels like it`s not making perfect use of the available space. Does someone have a screenshot of the old page?

Also...i am not huge fan of the color combo. Red and green just doesnt work for me. (i really like the diff. blue tones used in the forum style).

an option for the user to select if they wanted to search Google

can we have that option? it allows people to use google features, eg get around that 3-char-limit, use * (LCF*AT ;) ).

Edited by deepzero

The colors are a bit strange when used to the old design but I'm sure that I'll get used to this color scheme too.

The navigation is now much simpler with the more "main categorized" style, this is a good thing. :yes:

Good work.

Personally I dont mind too much. Reminds me of the new Windows 8 look. Perhaps keeping up with the times isnt so bad :P

On another note, the colors does seem a bit bright and ends up straining your eyes while you try to read. maybe a softer version of red / green combination ?

But I do like this new theme. Nicely done Ted! :)

Teddy Rogers

NikolayD, I increased the font size a little, please tell me if this is okay for you now.

As for the colours, I am going through the colour palette looking for a nice combination(s). Please throw colour suggestions my way if you have any...

Ted.

Teddy Rogers

Ali.Dbg, I am not sure I understand the logo?

delldell, the page is updated again now mostly blue. Take a look...

Ted.

Teddy

Excellent!

God work testing and asking for opinions

I like it always the important part is the

value information that contains

Ali.Dbg, I am not sure I understand the logo?

delldell, the page is updated again now mostly blue. Take a look...

Ted.

@Teddy Rogers

this is a simple pattern for design logo, maybe better of tuts4you text effect
/>http://www.freeimgshost.com/fullsize/xhzaccjhjt56ejey5am.png

2 logo mixed with T 4 Y of Tuts4you

excuse me if is bad pattern,ye is bad!!! :D

greetz

Edited by Ali.Dbg

Teddy Rogers
Doesn´t look that bad but I don´t like the header and the width could be a bit bigger.

Header - do you mean the logo? I am going to have a look at the width this weekend when I have time to see if I can come up with something interesting...

Ted.

@Teddy Yeah right, the actual logo from the forum looks much better and thanks for keep working on this awesome site!

~Zer0Flag

Teddy Rogers

I had a look at the width a little bit at the weekend but as it currently is it is best suited for use across most devices and screen sizes. Looks just about right on my netbook and on my phone!

Regards,

Ted.

• 2 weeks later...

Zer0Flag, I had a bit of time this evening so I corrected a few issues and I made the download page(s) expand to full width of the design. It should make it a little less cramped looking when reading descriptions...

Ted.