Tuts 4 You

Complete series of Lena tutorials

REAP

Hello,

The complete series of Lena tutorials appears to be missing the flash files for each (or if not each - most) tutorial

How have you come to this conclusion?

Ted.

Hi Ted,

Downloaded the complete package and extracted.

Found the swf files missing in the extracted folders. Re-opened the complete archive and discovered that the swf files are not in the archive (at least not for the first 10 tutorials).

Downloaded the individual tutorials to obtain a copy of the swf file for the tutorial.

It's not a big deal, but there's not much point downloading 140MB if it's incomplete.

Cheers

Teddy Rogers

It is a problem at your end because the archive on the site has been tested as being okay. Have you tried using the "Test" option in WinRAR? I wouldn't have uploaded a 140MB file if it was incomplete only to redownload it and have to test it every time some one came here and said it didn't work...

Ted.

Hi Ted,

I tested the archive as you suggested, and there is an error (even though it is 140MB).

So I tried to download it again (a couple of times) but the download kept dropping out:

snd-reversingwithlena-tutorials.rar.part could not be saved, because the source file could not be read.
Try again later, or contact the server administrator.

If you're satisfied that the source archive is intact, I accept that, for some reason I can't download it successfully. So far I have been able to download the individual tute's without issue, so I'll just keep doing that instead.

Thanks for your help.

Its most likely an issue on your end, a friend of mine has the exact same problem with files he downloads through browsers but never figured out what caused it (I particularly remember the "Try again later, or contact the server administrator." ) part. Try downloading another random file that's larger than say 50 Mb to see if it's also corrupt once its downloaded.

Edited by paul

your antivirus can make that problem hi will delete some tuts a example you will no able to extract tut number 4 your antivirus will delete that tut disable antivirus turn of your modem first then extract then enable antivirus .