Tuts 4 You

AnonW0rmer tracked down by iPhone EXIF picture...

Teddy Rogers

Teddy Rogers

Good forensic/detective work by the FBI from photographs taken with Apple's iPhone and EXIF...

FBI arrested a 30-year-old computer programmer from Galveston named Higinio O. Ochoa III, who is widely known as @AnonW0rmer. He was active member of Anonymous affiliated 'CabinCr3w' He made a mistake that probably makes his fellow hackers cringe at the stupidity of it. Taunting law enforcement, he posted a photo of his girlfriend from the neck down, breasts pushed up with a sign taped to her saying ''PwNd by w0rmer & CabinCr3w <3 u B****'s!'

http://www.voiceofgr...cker-after.html

Ted.

Really I'm so paranoid when it comes to hacking I'd even think the FBI would fetch my girlfriends name from a boob database.

• Like 5

Hacker? This is barely a script kiddie. Anonymous so far have done nothing that can prove they're serious hackers, they just randomly take websites (which in almost all cases are just a formality, not a required cog in target's infrastructure) and DDoS servers. They could have strong members in their lines, but from what they show and how they brag, i don't see how they can achieve anything more then mediocrity.

Funny thing is all this (incl. lulzsec) cyber-warriors are so brave and scream "**** da police, **** the pigs, acab etc.", but when the **** hits the fan all of them cooperate and help authorities capture fellow members. Pathetic everywhere you look at it.

• Like 5

I'm looking forward to the next h0n0 / ZF0 / el8 etc zines. Hopefully there will be some serious ownage on its way :)

• 1 month later...
  • 10 months later...
chickenbutt

A "hacker" who got busted with exif by an american intelligence agency? millworm or metasploit user, i wonder....

Also,,, if you're going to undermine governments, don't associate with people from a place where you're considered intelligent if you can speak your native language...

• 7 months later...

Maybe if you wanna post some picture, make sure you remove completely all the inside hidden data, ...try to get a raw image :D, and also with a average quality. There's a and specific area of crypto data which studies images, i think it's called Steganography, i hope i wrote it properly :D. However as i said, if you can add hidden data into an image, also it's possible make it raw. Just an opinion.

Best Regards.

Feedback welcome :)

• 1 month later...

You said it right, Steganography is neat. But the case here is "why leave iPhone gps coordinates in a freaking image"

What purpose could it possibly serve?

First thing I do is turn that crap off, and what hacker can call himself a good hacker and get nailed by that... I mean it even asks you to include your position, why say yes ...

• 4 months later...

You said it right, Steganography is neat. But the case here is "why leave iPhone gps coordinates in a freaking image"

What purpose could it possibly serve?

First thing I do is turn that crap off, and what hacker can call himself a good hacker and get nailed by that... I mean it even asks you to include your position, why say yes ...

maybe forgot to check that before sending this picture?

but no serious hacker wouldnt check this triple or quad i think. or its only arrogance.