Tuts 4 You

[crackme] Need help

gamecult

Hello,

I created a small program to a geotechnical laboratory in VB6. and I would like now if it is easily crackabe or not so I created a small crackme the basis of the original code.I want a tutorial if possible thow to crack it

I also need to now if protection is sufficient or not.

What is the best packer or encrypter program to protect my soft?

Thank you for Help.

CrackME with DLL's

http://www.mediafire.com/file/llz21djpt8r6xjb/CrackME.rar

CrackME.rar

Edited by gamecult

The [crackme] tag has been added to your topic title.

Please remember to follow and adhere to the topic title format - thankyou!

[This is an automated reply]

Hmm P-code which is annoying. wink.png But it being P-code is pretty much the only thing that stands in the way of cracking it:

After decompiling it, it's easy to understand.

loc_40548E: Me.global_108 = var_C4
loc_405494: MemVar_40705C = Left(var_C4, CLng(Me.global_112))
loc_40549D: On Error Goto loc_405B79 //--- redirect to 406670
loc_4054B6: Open CStr((MemVar_40705C + "\wcipse.dwt")) For Input As 1 Len = &HFF
loc_4054D6: Open CStr((MemVar_40705C + "\mcipse.dwt")) For Input As 2 Len = &HFF
loc_4054E7: var_118 = 206 'Variant

Should work or something very similar. Only thing I need to find out is how the P-code VM is interpreted.

Edited by quosego

Hmm P-code which is annoying. wink.png But it being P-code is pretty much the only thing that stands in the way of cracking it:

After decompiling it, it's easy to understand.

loc_40548E: Me.global_108 = var_C4
loc_405494: MemVar_40705C = Left(var_C4, CLng(Me.global_112))
loc_40549D: On Error Goto loc_405B79 //--- redirect to 406670
loc_4054B6: Open CStr((MemVar_40705C + "\wcipse.dwt")) For Input As 1 Len = &HFF
loc_4054D6: Open CStr((MemVar_40705C + "\mcipse.dwt")) For Input As 2 Len = &HFF
loc_4054E7: var_118 = 206 'Variant

Should work or something very similar. Only thing I need to find out is how the P-code VM is interpreted.

Is a protector VM or the MS p-code runtime/VM?

even if there exists a vm protector for P-code, it is almost sure that it does not work well since a VM over VM can't be a good solution at all.

VB in general can't be protected very well due to not well known imports and some other things that make vb hard to protect.

Anyway it you switch from p-code to native code, then you can protect the program in a lot of easier ways, for example putting a VM on it and use a large amount of SDK of a protector like ASProtect, or Winlicense or Armadillo or something like these.

I think it will be the best way you can actually follow.

And remember that the best protection is the one written by hand, so if you are planning to implement your own registration scheme, and then protect it with some complex VM, it will be the maximum of protection you can reach...but this is my personal opinion.