Tuts 4 You

Please Remove.

0xFF

It recognizes that the stream is zip, I click Start Download and all it does is a messagebox "Hello".

Only works if I create an empty file with the same path/name as the download target, then it shows a tiny progress bar, no info.

No file browser, no stop button, no list of current downloads :|

Are the buttons default or did you use a custom theme? I hope that's no default for all Delphi apps now o_O

Edited by Killboy

that`s all nice, but how does it demonstrate using the new Framework / 3D effects?

The main thing i wanted to demostrade is what they mean by "HD" application, you can actually compare it to a regular VCL project, you can see when you hover a mouse over a button, it glows...

It recognizes that the stream is zip, I click Start Download and all it does is a messagebox "Hello".

Only works if I create an empty file with the same path/name as the download target, then it shows a tiny progress bar, no info.

No file browser, no stop button, no list of current downloads :|

Are the buttons default or did you use a custom theme? I hope that's no default for all Delphi apps now o_O

The hello message is when the Main thread (the one that spawn child/sub-threads) has finished (before it finishes, it waits (MsgWaitForMultiplyObjects) for all sub-threads to end...

btw, i don't know why Windows won't let me make larger files, for example 2gb+, the max it will let me create is 1.16gb -_-

Edited by rotem156

You can achieve a similar or even better GUI with VGScene or DXScene.

And the file size will be half the size of this executable.

The only advantage of FireMonkey is that it's multi-platform.

Regular VCL projects also have glowing buttons, they just glow differently. tongue.png

You can achieve a similar or even better GUI with VGScene or DXScene.

And the file size will be half the size of this executable.

The only advantage of FireMonkey is that it's multi-platform.

Regular VCL projects also have glowing buttons, they just glow differently. tongue.png

FireMonkey is based on VG/DXScene.

• 4 weeks later...

Is'nt there already a commercial program called "Download Accelerator Plus" aka DAP? It must be something with the middle region of earth's(trying not to point at specific country) Delphi coders and there eagerness to duplicate programs that already exists. Its weird that 90% of the time this duplicates get released its from a delphi.

• Like 1

@Departure: Yes, there is a program called DAP, this is just a sketcha i made for SpeedBit in Delphi for educational purpose only, i started working at SpeedBit Ltd. about a month ago, as a software developer, now i'm writing code in C# since i'm going to make a living out of it.