Tuts 4 You

Where to extract dlls from resource to load them in vb .net

PiZZAMiN

As i known,in vc++,you can add your dlls in your project ,and..you know,let them ba a part of resource.I mean,these dlls are resource can be compile with c++ code. Then ,use LoadResource(3 apis) Load them ,next,Call CreateFile API to create file you want to!SO....it's the steps.Hope useful to you

As i known,in vc++,you can add your dlls in your project ,and..you know,let them ba a part of resource.I mean,these dlls are resource can be compile with c++ code. Then ,use LoadResource(3 apis) Load them ,next,Call CreateFile API to create file you want to!SO....it's the steps.Hope useful to you

BUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUTTT you didn't tell me anything I didn't know! where do I extract them!??! :confused:

anywhere you want

temp directory, next to your exe, doesnt matter

system32 is a bad idea for a few reasons...

So then how will it load the dll? I don't want it next to the exe

BUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUTTT you didn't tell me anything I didn't know! where do I extract them!??! :confused:

I'm not understand about VB!In vc++,the following steps can load your dll or other data to where you want to extract them

1.Add your dlls in your current project as resources.(I think,you DO KNOW how to handle this step)

2.Do something ,make sure that your program can auto load dlls while its running.for example:

void LoadMyDlls()

{

FindResource(...);

LockResource(...);

SizeofResource(...);

LoadResource(...);

return;

}

now,we had a bufffer to hold the data(of course,it's you dlls).

3.CALL CreateFile to create a file you wanna to

HANDLE hFile = CreateFileA(FilePath,...);

the FILE PATH is the place you want to extract dlls,MUST BE FULL PATH!!!!

end..

Edited by ErrorShow

what is it with everybody not doing any research by theirselves?

of all the questions people ask here:

20% are crack requests

20% are just waaaaaay too dumb to even consider answering

20% is crap the poster would have been faster off by just entering the exact same question into google

20% are people no matter how much info you give them on a silver platter, they keep asking for 'examples', 'source codes', 'demonstrations'

the rest is what keeps me sticking around

If its in the resource you are either going to have to:

A. Extract it somewhere and load it.

B. Manually map it into memory from the resource.

Thank you. I just got an idea. add the dlls and the exe to a second project, then extract them all to temp at load, load exe, then close.

what is it with everybody not doing any research by theirselves?

of all the questions people ask here:

20% are crack requests

20% are just waaaaaay too dumb to even consider answering

20% is crap the poster would have been faster off by just entering the exact same question into google

20% are people no matter how much info you give them on a silver platter, they keep asking for 'examples', 'source codes', 'demonstrations'

the rest is what keeps me sticking around

Ok. I tried looking on google, but NOTHING! I was just seeing if you guys have anything! All the other bs loads with 500 errors.