Tuts 4 You

Visual Studio 2010 issues

deepzero

Personally nope, mine works fine. Only time I get the similar issue in #1 is when the intellisense hasn't updated yet or something was mistyped. Sometimes you need to compile the project to get intellisense to update fully.

Never had issue #2 though.

Something that really sux in VS2010:

sshot1l.png

And it is a sad fact.

Maybe you unintentionally enabled '/CLR'?

Then disable it and you got your intelli back..

After looking around on Google it seems they did in fact remove the intellisense for C++/CLI programs. Normal C++ programs work fine with the intellisense though.

Worse comes to worse, you can try an intellisense alternative like Visual Assist: wholetomato.com

to sum it up ! Visual Studio 2010 sucks

I used it for 1 month and it was really slow and

full of useless features, man I got a Core2Duo and 4 GB RAM

and it still lags :o

so I reverted to Visual Studio 2008 which is more than enough and

most importantly "FAST" and responsive

just my 2 cents :)

I actually thought it was quiet nice. I even had the feeling it would run faster than VS2008 on my p4 1,8 ghz + 1 gig RAM :lol:

Just noticed, it doesnt even create the intelisense database, *.ncb, in the proj dir. Besides that, the main VS2010 exe, continuously launches "vcpckgsrv.exe" roughly once per second... :ermm:

Re-installed the whole thing, no changes. Let me setup a clean system to test it again, and if that doesn't work -> back to VS2008 :wacko:

Why did they disable it for the CLR stuff?!?

:)

Why did they disable it for the CLR stuff?!?

Because they realized that C++.Net sucks by concept and they want to kill it gradually ? :D

VS2010 IDE sucks, but the new compiler package (v10.0) is better and faster than old ones ...

Can't say I agree that VS2010 sucks. It runs beautifully on my machine. It has its small issues like any other first release, but I'm more then certain service pack 1 will fix up any of the problems I currently have. Overall it runs great on my computer.

My setup:

Win7 Ultimate (x86), AMD Athlon x64 5400+ (3Ghz), 4gig RAM, Geforce 8600GT (256MB GDDR3)

I use VS2010 daily for work related things so I'm constantly using it.

Yep, I personally noticed lots of advantages compared to VS2008 and older.

Especially the 'Platform Toolset' property for C/C++ projects owns -

got it set up for v80, v90 and v100.. regularly using it.

Also don't wanna miss some godlike (free) extensions only available for VS2010 atm...

Also don't wanna miss some godlike (free) extensions only available for VS2010 atm...

Would you care to name them? :)

I just checked the homepage at0mos posted above: www.wholetomato.com

Looks really nice, but then i only watched the demo video so far... :lol:

Interestingly, i dont have the cursor problem running an "empty" ide or an instance where i just created a new project.

As soon as i click into one of the project?s files -> hourglass :ermm:

Edited by deepzero

That's what I'd call a scrollbar with balls:
/>http://visualstudiogallery.msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/465a0d53-5133-4edd-a0cd-94484fe3d853

I'm addicted to this ****, since I saw it in Notepad++:
/>http://visualstudiogallery.msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/4b92b6ad-f563-4705-8f7b-7f85ba3cc6bb

VS2010 is fine if you have the Visual Assist extension. It switches out the editor for a scintilla based one (the lexer at least) and also the intellisence is unbelievably better. M$ should buy them out. There are also several extensions that make upgrade more worthwhile. The only reason I have not gone back to 2008 though is I like using some of the new C++0X standards. 2008 is all around faster. 2010 is bearable.

Edited by What

thanks, Ufo-Pu55y :)

I just installed VS2010 on a clean XP SP3 VM - exactly the same problems. :(

Now the final test with an untouched a XP SP3 on a real system...if that fails i`ll complain on the msdn forums & go back to version 9.0 :(

i`ll let you guys know about the results tomorrow ;)

thanks, Ufo-Pu55y :)

I just installed VS2010 on a clean XP SP3 VM - exactly the same problems. :(

Now the final test with an untouched a XP SP3 on a real system...if that fails i`ll complain on the msdn forums & go back to version 9.0 :(

i`ll let you guys know about the results tomorrow ;)

Could be due to being ran inside a VM. VS2010 is pretty intensive on requirements.

Hey :)

Interestingly, it works perfectly on a clean x86 XP SP3 non-VM system (why would it not...).

Guess i`ll re-install my main windows during the next few days then...high time, anyways. :yes:

deep :)

edit:

just installed the extensions managed throughout this thread, awesome... :turned:

Edited by deepzero
  • 2 weeks later...

Right, again no success. I`m not gonna waste more time on this, going back to v. 2008.

Killboy, would you know of a VS2008 version of the word highlighting plugin?

I'm addicted to this ****, since I saw it in Notepad++:
/>http://visualstudiog...7b-7f85ba3cc6bb