Tuts 4 You

New Board problems

LCF-AT

Hello,

in the last time I get always some board problems {today again} if I want to write a new board post or if I want to have a look into my messanger etc.

forum.tuts4you.com Driver ErrorThere appears to be an error with the database.

Also there is a new flicker bug if you have some topic pages like 1 2 3 [small box] so that you can not hit the small box correctly.

greetz

blackpirate

got that problem too! :(

i had it since last week! thought that will be fixed till now!

hope it will be!

Cheers

Teddy Rogers

I've noticed the database issue with messenger. I think I know the root cause of the problem, will report back later.

In the meantime it should be fixed... unless the same fault happens again...

I apologise for the problem.

LCF-AT, can you post a screen/snapshot of the graphic glitch please...

Ted.

Hello-

@ Teddy

today it works again normal so far. :)

Here a small movie with the flicker problem.So note that the small video was captured not in realtime so that you can not see the real fast flicker speed.Just have a look.Hmm...so I see in this area is now file attaching allowed.

small flicker video 80 KB

PS: Some other bug I found......the "View New Content" is no more working correctly.Always I use this button [right corner above] to see the newest post after login.Today it show me the message nothing new but if I press the "Today's active content" then it show me all and there I can also see the new posts which I have not viewed [blue bubble] and this blue bubble marked topics should I get to see if I press the View New Content.Maybe just a small bug.

greetz

• Like 1

Teddy Rogers
Here a small movie with the flicker problem.

The flicker skin bug should be fixed. Unfortunately you will need to - once again - select CleanCut from the bottom left menu. I apologies for this but I had problems getting the fixes to import in to the old version of the skin.

Some other bug I found......the "View New Content" is no more working correctly.Always I use this button [right corner above] to see the newest post after login.Today it show me the message nothing new but if I press the "Today's active content" then it show me all and there I can also see the new posts which I have not viewed [blue bubble] and this blue bubble marked topics should I get to see if I press the View New Content.Maybe just a small bug.

That *bug* is a cache issue I think, the haunting *bug* that has been travelling through all revisions of IPB. It should clear up of its own accord, if not try clearing the board cache, cookies and history.

Today's Active Content only shows topics which have been active over the day. It is not related to View New Content...

Ted.

Hello Teddy,

"The flicker skin bug should be fixed" Yes

"...select CleanCut from the bottom left menu" Hmmm!I was a fan of the CleanCut template.

So if you look on SnD request board there you can also see the CleanCut template and there is it working good.So is it no the same provider?

Ah ok for answer 3.

--------------

greetz

Teddy Rogers

IPB did a silent update to the CleanCut skin. I downloaded and installed it early which will explain why the bug didn't show up on some other boards...

Ted.

Hi Ted,

there is again a new bug on this baord now since today.If I write a PM like this....

Hi,hmmm this soundds bad.
-------------
Yes of course so then till later.greetz

Then I get this to see..

Hi,hmmm this soundds bad.-------------Yes of course so then till later.greetz

All spaces was removed!So can you have a look on this problem please?

Thank you

Teddy Rogers

I just sent a few PM's back and forth without having line brakes deleted. I even tried using your exact text without a problem.

Which editor are you using, do you have the "visual (RTE) editor" enabled in your board settings? Maybe you have something configured within your browser which is forcing line brakes to be removed. It is odd... what browser and version are you using?

Also do you still have a problem with "View New Content" ? If you are checking to see if the visual editor is enabled please see below it an option for "View New Content Method". What do you have it set to?

Ted.

Hello Teddy,

the visual (RTE) editor I have disabled always.I have also nothing changed in my browser.Yes I have still the View New Content problem if I login the first time on a day.

Ok I see where the problem is with my PMs and the stolen spaces.So I have test a little bit and I see its a enabled / disabled Java problem.So I use always the QickJava plugin where I can fast enable & disable the java & java script to make a webpage faster to load without some flash trash.Since now I have get no problems with this till yesterday and my PM thing.Now if I disable my java's then the spaces are removed in a PM also in the PM preview.All words are written together.If I let the java enabled then all is good.You can try to make also this test.Just disable your java and then write a PM and press the preview message button.Now you should to see all together in the Compose Reply box.Now press again preview message and you see all together also in the Preview box.

So I never had this problem before so it happend first since yesterday.On SnD request board there is not this problem so all is working fine there also with the disabled java.I hope you can fix this disturbing problem soon.

PS: So I also see that this board is very often down for some minutes and I get then always the Ooops page to see.Can you tell me why this happend so often?

greetz

Teddy Rogers

There is a known bug with editing PM's but this, I have been told, is only related with the RTE. I am presuming in some way you are going back editing your PM's which is creating the problem?

The board is down when the server load is too high. We should really be located on a dedicated server but I do not have the interest in RCE like I had many years back to warrant spending that sort of money a month. I may change my mind in the future, who knows. There are other cheaper options I have been considering for quite a long time now which may alleviate the problem. I do apologies for the problem, I know it can be annoying at times so I will have to look in to it some more...

Ted.

Teddy Rogers

LCF-AT, I think this is your exact problem as reported here:

/>http://community.invisionpower.com/tracker/issue-23467-pm-editor-does-not-preserve-linebreaks/

Ted.

Hi Teddy,

yes this is the problem what I also have.I also testet again a little bit and if I use NO RTE editor then the problem happend always.If I use the RTE editor + enabled java & java script [firefox + quick java add on] then all is ok.If I use RTE editor + java script and no java then I get again this problem.If I disable just the java script then I get this...

Normal message.

Hi,

test

Result in compose reply

Hi,<br /><br />test

Result in preview

Hi,<br /><br />test

test So iof course this is a new and nasty bug since a few days.So I had newer such a problem before on this board and I write PMs every day.I hope that a fix update will come soon.

PS: I see now....the problem comes also now on normal posts like here and no more just in PM modus!This sucks.Oh no,page alraedy down for a few seconds!And again!

greetz

Edited by LCF-AT

Teddy Rogers

The bug is to be fixed in the next IPB update (3.1.2) so unfortunately we will have to wait unless Invision release a temporary fix I can apply.

With regards to the site going down, I gave it some thought today and I think I will move the site to its own dedicated server. It will cost quite a bit of money a month but I feel its probably the best option.

I can't give an exact date when the transfer will happen but if the site goes down without any warning for a lengthy time it will probably be due to the move and DNS having to be updated...

Ted.

Teddy Rogers

LCF-AT, we have moved to a new server. I hope now you will not see any more downtime and notice an increase in speed. If you see any problems please let me know and I will take a look in to the matter.

As soon as IPS release IPB 3.1.2 I will have the board updated for you... :thumbs:

Ted.

Hello Ted,

Thank Teddy you and this board are back again after two long day's. :)

Unfortunately I have to say there are no better changes to see.So I get still the same problems like before at the moment.So you mean if the new update comes then the problem will be fixed right?Ok so then we need to wait a little bit till it comes.

So at the moment I am very happy that the tuts4you forum is back now.Thanks again for your work and keep Tuts4you alive ok. :)

PS: Yes if I see any other board problems then I will report it.

greetz

Teddy Rogers

The only problem remaining is the deleted line breaks in PM's but this is something known about and to be fixed by IPS in their next IP.Board maintenance release...

Ted.

LCF-AT, we have moved to a new server. I hope now you will not see any more downtime and notice an increase in speed. If you see any problems please let me know and I will take a look in to the matter.

So it's now on a dedicated server? That's crazy. What was it on shared or what? Depending on what it was on, you should have looked into VPS's if you need more reliability and bandwidth than shared hosting, but maybe not as many resources as a dedicated server. Plus you get full root access usually, like a dedicated server. Just thought I'd let you know! :thumbsup:

Edited by Hyperlisk

Teddy Rogers

I had looked in to a VPS and it was the next sensible move. It gives you much more control but for a site like this I think it would only be delaying the inevitable...

Ted.

• 4 weeks later...
Teddy Rogers

LCF-AT, the editor bug should be fixed now the board has been updated to 3.1.2. Please let me know if you still experience any issues...

Ted.

Hello Teddy,

yes it seems to work now again normaly. :) Also with disabled java.Very good.Thanks.

PS: Found a new small bug since yesterday.After a login I get no menu list to see.So I mean on the page top is still the sign in sign to see.But after a press on the Tuts4you logo its all ok then.I think there is a small refresh bug or something.Anyway so its just a small not so important bug so I just inform you about it.

greetz

Hi,

I´m having a little problem, too. :)

When i hit the reply button, the emoticons box is empty, and the "show all" button wont work.

:snog::bunny::bomb_ie::iluvff:

@ deepzero

For me it works.

Maybe again a setting or browser issue.I use FireFox.

Do you have also this sign in issue like me?

greetz

Teddy Rogers
After a login I get no menu list to see.So I mean on the page top is still the sign in sign to see.But after a press on the Tuts4you logo its all ok then.I think there is a small refresh bug or something.Anyway so its just a small not so important bug so I just inform you about it.

Log out and then clear your cookies. Please let me know if that helped.

When i hit the reply button, the emoticons box is empty, and the "show all" button wont work.

I have not seen this problem in either Opera or Chrome. Try clearing your cache, maybe this will fix the issue...

Ted.