Tuts 4 You

KeepAlive in C#

eastman75

I have programmed KeepAlive in C# for just to learn what's it all about. I would've liked to make the button flash, i.e. to change color periodically, but couldn't quess how to do it. Any advice is welcomed. :dunno:

The program displays a dialog window with a single button that I shuld've wanted to blink or to change color to attract a user's attention.

The EXE-file is to be found in BIN directory (RELEASE or DEBUG). To compile the project, MS .NET Framework 3.5 and MS Visual C# 2008 Express Edition are needed.

Please notify me of any changes to the source code.

KeepShadowDefenderAlive.rar

Edited by CodeRipper

Just slap a Timer control on, set period (in millisecond) on which timer code will be executed, and just toggle colors (if red, set blue, and other way around).

Just slap a Timer control on, set period (in millisecond) on which timer code will be executed, and just toggle colors (if red, set blue, and other way around).

Thanks. Simple as it is, it works. :D

The new version of my program (along with Shadow Defender v1.1.0.278) is available here.

If you want visual effects you could use WPF-Windows Presentation Foundation. Normal C# with a mix of XAML to create DirectX driven applications.

This is Blend...like an IDE for those WPF-C# applications:

http://windowsclient.net/learn/video.aspx?v=3934

A very nice tutorial. I will certainly try it as my next project. Thanks. :wub:

Edited by CodeRipper