Tuts 4 You

ASM program

as1

It's called assembler :D

There are various different assemblers out there with different syntax and support for OSes.

The most common one around Windows is MASM (Microsoft assembler) - http://www.masm32.com/

There are also TASM, NASM, HLA, etc. They come with slight differences in their syntax but that's about it. Might wanna look at IDEs, available tutorials etc to make up your mind :D

For a start, MASM is the most decent one imho :)

It's called assembler :D

There are various different assemblers out there with different syntax and support for OSes.

The most common one around Windows is MASM (Microsoft assembler) - http://www.masm32.com/

There are also TASM, NASM, HLA, etc. They come with slight differences in their syntax but that's about it. Might wanna look at IDEs, available tutorials etc to make up your mind :D

For a start, MASM is the most decent one imho :)

Thanks..

of course MASM is a good choice. it has very usefull functions and macros which makes asm coding very comfortable like coding in c.

for example the usage of strings is very easy now with new MASM version:

old style:
.data
message db "hello world",0
caption db "wuha",0
.code
invoke MessageBox,hwnd,addr message,addr caption,MB_OKnew style:
fn MessageBox,hwnd,"hello world","wuha",MB_OKyou can use also c-style strings:
fnc MessageBox,hwnd,"firstline \n nextline",0,MB_OK

i use UEStudio (same as Ultraedit) for coding in asm. you can configure the colors for syntaxhilighting (and i love my own colors). for creating dialogs i use the good old resourcehacker. and for compiling a simple batch script.

i tried to swith to Radasm. it looks very nice and has much usefull functions. but i had much problems creating a simple window application.There are problems with the reource_id's in the dialogbox. so i have no trust in radasm since this.