Tuts 4 You

Exe Encryption\packer

TGunner54

Just one comment... the above was referring to evlncrn8. I would assume you don't know who he is/was, but he certainly does know what he is talking about probably more than anyone on the forum.

He thinks diffrent than everyone else, In his point of view things might seem easyer to his way of doing it. I dont know why he has to have a go at me... he probbably thinks i ripped the source. I dont rip code. I read it to understand what it does. I learnt myself how to program by seeing a program and what it does. Then read how it does it. Yeh... he might have more knowledge than me at what ever he codes doesnt mean i can suddenly make a super cryptor his style.

VB may 'do what you want it to' but as a 'protector' is not really going to be much good.

Maby thats because no-ones tryed making a protector in VB.

Im showing its possible to people, Im showing that things can be made if you want to make them. I wanted to make a cryptor and i one it. Am i offending them because VB "shouldn't" be able to do that?

Edited by TGunner54

I agree with Loki don't take our comments to heart. We are just finding some humor on the forum and not at your expense more or less at coding in general. We all have to start somewhere, but I will tell you this much... You get to a point and I know many will agree with me on this, where a certain programming language can only take you so far before you realize that its time to move on and learn something new. take it like this. we want you to learn more and with that said its going to be a long process. the giggles at v 3.0 were funny because going from something in its beta stages or most raw form to v 3.0 usually takes a few years. However, if you stick with this project you will learn something, possibly a new language! I myself am at that point. I left C++ and Delphi to learn ASM and its been hell and i've smashed a few keyboards and spent to many nights at the bar with friends who couldnt write a simple hello world program. But i'm here to tell you we know where you are at! We have all been there. :)

Good Luck! I can't wait to see version 4.0 is it complete yet?

Dont worry, im working on v10.00 now ;) (Btw, im being sarcasting)

and im not a starter at programming. I just thought making a cryptor would of been much harder. Their again i havent botherd with anti-debug stuff.

Maby thats because no-ones tryed making a protector in VB.

I did. It sucked. For more info go here:

http://crackmes.de/users/tfb/cryxenet_0.01a/

Then I switched to VB + asm... and made this little baby here

http://crackmes.de/users/tfb/cryxenet_0.02_unpackme/

No solutions... for now 8-)

Making a new ver now ^^

Point being, it's childs work to make a solely VB protector... you want that protector to actually amount to something, you gotta use ASM at one point or another.

TGunner54, i agree with you that a professional packer/protector can be made in vb, there's a exe encrypter in PSC also, so far its just for beginners and i think it is a good start. The best is to make an open source packer/encrypter, but making it in pure vb can be really hard, but nothing is impossible!!! :D