Tuts 4 You

Ripping Functions From A Dll

hmi222

g'Morning all!

Is there a tool or is it generally possible to ripp functions out of a dll and use them seperatly?

Thanx in advance!

hmi222

g'Morning all!

Is there a tool or is it generally possible to ripp functions out of a dll and use them seperatly?

Thanx in advance!

hmi222

You could try my Olly CodeRipper plugin. The ripped MASM code can be used in line with some manual fixing - but depends how complex the code is you want to rip.

Z

Thanx Ziggy!

will test....

Does it ripp (if there exist) included functions automatically?

No but the ripped code maintains consistency of labels so functions can be ripped separately then compiled together.

Z

Edited by Ziggy

Simpliest way is to just call wannted function (that resides in this dll) from your exe; but then you need to drag this dll with your exe :)

Simpliest way is to just call wannted function (that resides in this dll) from your exe; but then you need to drag this dll with your exe :)

Defintely the simplist way - but I'm assuming the dll has lots of stuff that is not needed or only part of a function is required.

Z

Im Sure it has alot of functions but I'v seen one dll that somebody needed to do something; now what this guy did is he just noped out most of unneeded functions and then compressed this dll with upx; this way he got a reasonably small dll :)

Im not sure if there is a simpler way of rebuilding a compiled dll, so only needed functions remain. Any info on that?

another easy way is if the exe is already complied use IIDking to import the dll and its function to the complied dll then use olly to modify the code in exe to call your functions you imported with IIDking :)

or maybe not LOL

I guess your making the exe your self wich means you have access to the code anyway and just want to use a dll that has functions already. I like both ideas ziggy(rip code) and chupachu(nop unwanted code) had. Seems like both these methods would work for you.

But i have one more crazy idea, Why not ask the aurthor of the dll for source codes??

Datarescue IDA or Proview Disassembler.

And Ollydbg with Ziggy's plugin.

But i have one more crazy idea, Why not ask the aurthor of the dll for source codes??

Yeah, he'll gladly hand out his registration algo :rolleyes:

ok. Thanx....

One way WAS to include the dll into the exe, but still to big for some use functions in it! i stopped that!

HAve one another way.. will test and report!

Thanx to all

Are you one of their developers per chance ?

The whole ARTeam ? :D

Haha pas de tout! No, not at all. :happy:

We found that tool very interesting, how it works and what it can do, and we found that it is good to play with, talking about unpacking it, you know, it is Armadillo protected...

And I must admit it does a very good work, just try it and see...

Anyway, working as a trial, it inserts a messagebox in your lib code, and it is displayed when executing the embedded code in the main executable after having been linked. :blink:

Cheers

Nacho_dj

ok.That works... (for Purebasic-Users)

dll to lib with dll2lib, then exporting the functions out of lib, then use tailbite (tailbit.com) to create PB_userlib!

Thanx for all posts!

Cheers