Tuts 4 You

Thunder Asm

ntaryl

Hi and good evening

I coding in

Visual basic 6.0 and this time play around with thunderasm

There is any place with small asm pieces to try with this addin?

thanks for the time

I guess you are aware that at the page hosting the plugin, there is a bundle of asm examples...

h++p://home.zcu.cz/~blahetal/thundervb/allasm.rar

Anyway, a great resource of asm programs is Iczelion's Win32 Assembly Homepage...

h++p://win32assembly.online.fr/source.html

... and the MASM forum.

h++p://www.masm32.com/board/index.php
  • 2 weeks later...
I guess you are aware that at the page hosting the plugin, there is a bundle of asm examples...
h++p://home.zcu.cz/~blahetal/thundervb/allasm.rar

Anyway, a great resource of asm programs is Iczelion's Win32 Assembly Homepage...

h++p://win32assembly.online.fr/source.html

... and the MASM forum.

h++p://www.masm32.com/board/index.php

it is very nice Mr .... :o

but is there any Good example to write a Loader for packed file and how to rebuild the IAT useing VB6 ..

and pls any way to hook API and Patch it useing VB6 ... I need it to write some tools :rolleyes: ...

pls help me

seriously, why is it that lots of people seem to be using vb6, is it pure laziness? dont you realise vb is bloated and slow, compared to c/delphi/asm, and it is definately slower.. hardly something you want in cracking / reversing... is it?

seriously, why is it that lots of people seem to be using vb6, is it pure laziness? dont you realise vb is bloated and slow, compared to c/delphi/asm, and it is definately slower.. hardly something you want in cracking / reversing... is it?

Not only that vb6 is seriously outdated. 3 new versions of vb is there after vb6.

mia...

it is very nice Mr .... :o

but is there any Good example to write a Loader for packed file and how to rebuild the IAT useing VB6 ..

and pls any way to hook API and Patch it useing VB6 ... I need it to write some tools :rolleyes: ...

pls help me

To answer your question though, Armiline's source is available (in VB) and will show you a few of these things. Beyond that I can't help you though.

A word of advice though - switch to another language now rather than later. If you learn this stuff in (M/T)ASM, Delphi or C/C++ you will be better off in the long run.

Here is a link where you can grab some structures of the PE (VB).

http://www.vbcodelibrary.co.uk/modules.php...mp;forum=3#7567

You also need a good PE referense.

From there on, you are on your own, buddy.

Study some of the existing sources (ASM - C/C++).

Arminline uses VB - but only for GUI stuff, if i recall correctly...

Point being... devote a month or so to study assembler or C.

It's not that i don't like the language, but most examples/resources you'll find, especially in this field, make use of one of these two languages.