Tuts 4 You

Odbgscript Help

drizzt

i'm not very experienced with odbgscript and currently try to achieve to auto-unpack a binary.

so i'm asking:

1. is there a special command to enum all the sectionnames, sectionstartaddresses and its sizes of a binary?

GMI just shows me the CODEBASE and CODESIZE

2. is there a command to set the access rights of a chosen section?

thanks in advance

/drizzt

You know that there are no commands in there. Why make him go look? :P You can find most of the sections' RVA pointers in PE header. Make a variable that will hold codebase and deviate from that to the pointer locations. For instance:

BaseOfCode:

gmi eip,MODULEBASE

mov base,$RESULT

ask "BaseOfCode offset:"

cmp $RESULT,0

je @cancel

mov offset,$RESULT

add base,[base+offset]

The above will find the address where IAT is stored. Offset is dynamically located in PE header, so that's why I ask for it..

You can use the above example with GetModuleBase and use offset to pe header pointer to find the sections etc. (names, offsets, flags)

You just need a good doc on the PE header to know the offsets and how to use them.

Goppit's is great. :)

wtf there are commands i didnt say there will be command he is looking for. it was for learning purpose to teach people to look alone first. due if he would look there he would see no such command exist and this topic wouldnt be necessery. or maybe you love useless topics, because someone is lazy to look alone.

wtf there are commands i didnt say there will be command he is looking for. it was for learning purpose to teach people to look alone first. due if he would look there he would see no such command exist and this topic wouldnt be necessery. or maybe you love useless topics, because someone is lazy to look alone.

If the commands he were looking for were not there then it is probably why he posted the question :)

Anyway, this forum is about helping people no matter the question, providing of course it isn't a specific crack request...

Ted.

If the commands he were looking for were not there then it is probably why he posted the question :)

Anyway, this forum is about helping people no matter the question, providing of course it isn't a specific crack request...

Ted.

yep, i've already searched some time for a matching command, without luck. but sometimes it even happens to humans that they overlook some things, which are not directly obvious. :biggrin:

thanx for everyone who pointed me to the right direction.