Tuts 4 You

How To Disable Rich Signature In Vs2005 Linker

Durchschuss

I already succesfully removed this **** from the masm linker as described in win32 assembly tut from goppit, but Asterix's signfinder doesn't find anything in the VS 2005 linker. Does somebody know how to remove it there? Manually removing it from the compiled exe is annoying.

I assume you mean Visual Studio 7?

The linker has a slight change in the code structure so sigfinder doesn't find it. Use olly and look for it, you can find it easily as it's not that much different.

I assume you mean Visual Studio 7?

I think 2005 is v8.

The linker has a slight change in the code structure so sigfinder doesn't find it. Use olly and look for it, you can find it easily as it's not that much different.

Yeah, but what to search for? ;)

Thx.

SignFinder finds something, but no add ecx, eax at this address. Did they change the code?

EDIT: I searched for tzset way below the address signfinder told me and found an add edx, eax that I noped out. Works great now :thumbsup:

Edited by Durchschuss
Guest oetriche
Thx.

SignFinder finds something, but no add ecx, eax at this address. Did they change the code?

See next 15-16 bytes for add ecx,eax (bytes 03C8). SignFinder doesn't change anything, you must manualy change bytes with WinHEX or another hex editor.

• 8 months later...
Thx.

See next 15-16 bytes for add ecx,eax (bytes 03C8).

It is an add edx,eax (03D0) now (VS2005 SP1). And you have to scroll down a lot.

It is easier to search for references to _tzset (it is the last one at 46AF8E).