visuals, direction: theunitedstatesofamerica (aka fiver2)
code: chaos, ryg
sound effects: wayfinder
additional graphics: giZMo
additional code: tron
special thanks: fried
* p4 2ghz or athlon 2000+ (with sse)
* 512mb ram
* ps2.0 capable graphics card with 128mb vram
* directx 9.0c
* core2duo or athlon x2 with >=2.4ghz
* 1024mb ram
* geforce 7600/radeon x1600 or better with 256mb vram
- resolution: pick your favourite.
- aspect ratio:
* for fullscreen, pick one that matches your screen.
* for windowed, it should match your desktop resolution.
- multisampling: if you have a fast graphics card, go wild here.
- texture quality:
* normal: lower-than-default texture resolution+dxt compressed textures.
be sure to pick this if you have 512mb ram. (also speeds up loading time)
* high: default texture size, dxt compressed textures. recommended setting.
* ultra: default texture size, no texture compression. pick this if your
system is too fast and you want to burn fillrate and bandwidth for
a barely visible improvement.
- full screen: leave it on if possible
- wait for vsync: looks better with vsync on, but turn it off if you want.
- shadows: you can turn off realtime shadowcasting here. makes things faster
(especially with older graphics cards) but definitely looks worse.
- loop demo: turn it on and just don't touch escape, baby!