Tuts 4 You

Asprotect 2.1 Unpackme...

Teddy Rogers

Teddy Rogers

I've created an ASProtect 2.1 UnPackMe set. There are seven files in all, each one using a specific protection option in ASProtect and the last file uses all protection options enabled.

UnPackMe_ASProtect2.1.a - Resources Protection

UnPackMe_ASProtect2.1.b - Anti-Debugger Protection

UnPackMe_ASProtect2.1.c - Checksum Protection

UnPackMe_ASProtect2.1.d - Protect Original EntryPoint

UnPackMe_ASProtect2.1.e - Emulate Standard System Functions

UnPackMe_ASProtect2.1.f - Advanced Import Protection

UnPackMe_ASProtect2.1.g - All Protections Enabled

I thought it would be interesting for some to examine...

Ted.

UnPackMe_ASProtect2.1.zip

SuperCRacker

File A done !! (Resources protection) ... It was a little bit difficult while rebuilding resources ... Actually, you'll need to rebuild them manually, some resources structure knowledge is required ... Here's the link to check the unpacked file :

P.S : I'm working on the other files ...

SC.

Edited by SuperCRacker

SuperCRacker

The file d is not working, teddy plz recheck it ...

All files has been unpacked , i'm working on the last one ... :^

But it seems that it would be more easy if the d was working and try to unpack it first ... I'm waiting for the d file to be fixed ...

Here is the zip file including all unpacked files : a,b,c,e,f

unpacked_files.zip

Edited by SuperCRacker

Teddy Rogers

I think that the reason file d doesn't work is because the OEP is located outside of the second section which is probably making it think it is already packed or compressed. I think its a bug in ASProtect code that can't handle this. I should have said earlier, I only kept that in for reference but if you want a new file with that particular protection enabled let me know.

I noticed your missing file f however, maybe you could write some tuts on what you have already done?... :thumbs:

Ted.

SuperCRacker

The most difficult one is OEP redirection ... And of cource the one of resources, you have to manually fix application icons.

Of course teddy, if i have time this week-end i'll write a tut on the first one (a), the others have the same steps to follow (some tricks added and that's all) ... I want to include in my tut the oep redirection so plz i want this d file to try to unpack it , _if possible of course_ ...

Thks.

SC.

The most difficult one is OEP redirection ... And of cource the one of resources, you have to manually fix application icons.

Of course teddy, if i have time this week-end i'll write a tut on the first one (a), the others have the same steps to follow (some tricks added and that's all) ... I want to include in my tut the oep redirection so plz i want this d file to try to unpack it , _if possible of course_ ...

Thks.

SC.

Hi SuperCRacker,

Do you when write unpacking to tutorialt?

SuperCRacker

i have big probs unpacking this d file ... ASProtect handles the file and all routines & functions are redirected, so if the ASP code is not here the prog will crash ...

@teddy : Maybe you can help me, plz give me the oep of the file to see what ASP hes done with it ... We can learn all from this.

Thks.

SC.

oep of the d file

4271B0

here is all "stolen code" start address

0043058E

004307E0

0042732E

00429F6E

004305BF

00429FAE

004272F0

00429DC0

00429EE3

0042728B

004272BA

004302E0

0043055A

004303D0

00423A60

00427DB0

• 9 months later...
Guest sector0

Sorry SuperCracker but I was wondering that if there is tuts about these UnPackedMe??? I appreciate very much to wait for your tuts

Guest Hawk7

stephenteh your an animal. Have you ever thought about writing your own protector? BTW Which do you prefer and or sway more towards. Armadillo or Asprotect. as far as protectors are concerned...

Edited by Hawk7

stephenteh
stephenteh your an animal. Have you ever thought about writing your own protector? BTW Which do you prefer and or sway more towards. Armadillo or Asprotect. as far as protectors are concerned...

animal????

probably in future....now i trying to write my own unpacker for arma..

i prefer aspr than arma....this is because unpacking arma is much more easy than aspr even with nanomite protection....

I am wondering the same thing, Have you made some tuts for this SuperCracker? I am also very interested in learning more about Asprotect. I have learned a bit off stuff about it now, poking around in it on my own, and figured out some of the tricks, but I haven't experience in stolen resources, and that would be very nice to learn. :)

Hail teh SuperCracker