Tuts 4 You

Antivirus vs malwares difference???

CodeExplorer

CodeExplorer

What is the difference between malwares and antivirus?
I mean Antivirus slow down PC and erase legit files which are flagged as suspicious;
not talking about the strange fact that protected/packed files are flagged as malicious.
Anyway anti-viruses are still necessary or being careful on what you download from internet.
And also I found hard to trust a single antivirus program.
What antivirus you are using?

• Like 1

jackyjask
55 minutes ago, CodeExplorer said:

Anyway anti-viruses are still necessary

yes, they are necessary to destroy your PC :)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CodeExplorer said:

Anyway anti-viruses are still necessary or being careful on what you download from internet.

The issue is that the average Joe may not have the skill nor competence to be careful. Unfortunately, installing software on Windows still primarily depends on downloading random setup executables found on random websites. It's very easy to go to a wrong website and download the wrong setup file. Furthermore, having a program that can catch low hanging fruits can be nice. This is why AV exists.

Many third-party AVs however indeed started including a lot of extra invasive crap running in the background and/or kernel, which could be considered malware as well. For this reason I tend to not recommend any third-party real-time AV anymore.

1 hour ago, CodeExplorer said:

What antivirus you are using?

Linux and VMs. Just normal Windows Defender on the rare occasion I am actually running Windows on bare metal.

• Like 2