Tuts 4 You

Video File Protection/ Restrictions

TheMind

TheMind

Hi All,

My humble request to direct me to a protector that can put an expiration date on .exe file.

I just need to put some restriction to my created video file (converted to .exe file). 

Thank you

This should be a new topic in this forum like we talk about bypassing protection and unpacking almost of the time we could make topic about protection and how we do a better protection i don't know if someone share with me the same Idea, I'm interested to learn sdk and the anti debugging techniques we don't have tutorials in this field 

TheMind

Thank you very much for the prompt responses. Highly appreciate. This site has so many helpful people.

• Like 1
TheMind

Now this is the scenario, since the viewer/audience knows that the video will expire after playing, viewer/audience can still record the video while playing.

Are there restriction as well that the video cannot be recorded?

46 minutes ago, TheMind said:

No, that has nothing to do with screen recording. 

Edited by PeterN
  • Confused 1
3 hours ago, TheMind said:

Most video-to-exe converters allow you to set such restrictions. Example: http://www.drmsoft.com/video-packer.asp
Usually it's done by blacklisting known screen-recorder processes/windows and is not really efficient.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
TheMind
On 4/15/2024 at 2:47 AM, kao said:

Most video-to-exe converters allow you to set such restrictions. Example: http://www.drmsoft.com/video-packer.asp
Usually it's done by blacklisting known screen-recorder processes/windows and is not really efficient.

Awesome piece of software. 

DRMSoft Video Packer.PNG

DRMSoft Video Packer-1.PNG

DRMSoft Video Packer-2.PNG

• Like 2
whoknows
On 4/14/2024 at 9:47 PM, kao said:

most possible using SetWindowDisplayAffinity API - more github.com/akinbicer/screen-capture-protector

• Like 1
Teddy Rogers
On 4/19/2024 at 2:56 AM, whoknows said:

most possible using SetWindowDisplayAffinity API

It is a quick and easy function to use and add in to your code.

PinMe! was able to capture windows set with display affinity by making use of a couple of functions with undocumented flags. Unfortunately an update to Windows 10 and 11 sometime late last year put an end to this. It still works fine on older Windows builds...

Ted.

• Like 3
Sean Park - Lovejoy
On 4/19/2024 at 7:02 PM, whoknows said:

+ password-protect-video.com

Am I okay to link the address of the cracked version of this application?

Regards.

sean.

• The title was changed to Video File Protection/ Restrictions