Tuts 4 You

Need your advice on protecting software

liusirjiayou

Hi,

I know little about cracking and unpacking, and I really need your advice. I’d like to buy a commercial packer to protect my software. I’m working as developer on a software company, and my software gets cracked each time a new version is released. So, I want to protect the software with a powerful commercial packer, hoping to make the cracking difficult.

I googled a lot and did find some tools like VMProtect, Themida, Obsidium, AxProtector, and PELock. I’d like to know which one is the best (Which one is more difficult to unpack?)

Thanks!

On 9/27/2022 at 11:45 AM, liusirjiayou said:

Hi,

I know little about cracking and unpacking, and I really need your advice. I’d like to buy a commercial packer to protect my software. I’m working as developer on a software company, and my software gets cracked each time a new version is released. So, I want to protect the software with a powerful commercial packer, hoping to make the cracking difficult.

I googled a lot and did find some tools like VMProtect, Themida, Obsidium, AxProtector, and PELock. I’d like to know which one is the best (Which one is more difficult to unpack?)

Thanks!

Did you use any packer at all in every version?

My opinion is that, every packer can unpacked it...out there are many talents in reversing and in unpack.

If your software like it...soon or later it will be cracked it.

Vmprotect it's a good packer...with themida...but for many reversers [teams] easy to crack it.

My general opinion, is that when a software have a good price [no extreme costs] , there is no reason onyone when it need it, to crack it, when he can have it legall...

I had buy many apps even if i can crack them.

The packer protectors are many expensive for one year support, and after that you must buy again new license etc.

After all, when you use a packer protector like vmprotector with a tons of obfuscated code, and tons of trash code, the perfomance of your app will decrease...or you will have bugs etc.

Edited by BOSCH
Bartosz Wójcik

Try mine, it has unique SDK, no automatic unpackers, no working unpacking scripts (someone posted a script that covers 10% of the protection hehe), the secret is to integrate the SDK deep into your source code

https://github.com/PELock/PELock-Software-Protection-and-Licensing-SDK/tree/master/Examples/English/2. Protection integration

I dare you to unpack it! I dare you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Confused 1
On 10/2/2022 at 2:52 PM, Bartosz Wójcik said:

Try mine, it has unique SDK, no automatic unpackers, no working unpacking scripts (someone posted a script that covers 10% of the protection hehe), the secret is to integrate the SDK deep into your source code

https://github.com/PELock/PELock-Software-Protection-and-Licensing-SDK/tree/master/Examples/English/2. Protection integration

I dare you to unpack it! I dare you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Why you didn't post an unpackme with full version ,are you afraid of something?

Just asking because I find it a little bit weird , you dare people to unpack it while there are no unpackmes !!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
On 10/2/2022 at 4:52 PM, Bartosz Wójcik said:

If no one uses your protector, no one will unpack it

dc4131594a8f353268afb152599eea71.jpeg

• Haha 3
Bartosz Wójcik
On 10/4/2022 at 4:59 PM, InvizCustos said:

If no one uses your protector, no one will unpack it

dc4131594a8f353268afb152599eea71.jpeg

Sure, that's why I operate since 2001 because I don't sell shit. And of course you have the list of all my customers, so you know better than me! Now bring me my god damn food!

On 10/4/2022 at 5:49 AM, w00she said:

Just asking because I find it a little bit weird , you dare people to unpack it while there are no unpackmes !!

Yeah I afraid chinese fornications will steal my technology like they always do with everything, but all the commercial software is 100000000% safe from your little stealing fingers

• Haha 2
On 10/6/2022 at 1:59 AM, Bartosz Wójcik said:

I don't sell shit

And that's why your debugging protection is bypassed by the press of one button?

And of course you have the list of all my customers, so you know better than me!

I don't need to see your client list. It is enough for me to see that big companies use Oreans or VMProtect, but not PELock.

Sure, that's why I operate since 2001

For more than 20 years you have not been able to create a worthy competitor for Oreans or VMProtect? My condolences.

Update:
I tried to protect a test application with the Demo version of PELock. After protection, the application does not start (access violation exception).
From all this I can conclude that PELock is an unstable useless protector.

All that said, the author is asking $499 for this garbage, which is considerably more than the price of normal protector.

Edited by InvizCustos
On 10/4/2022 at 11:49 AM, w00she said:

True.

Also @liusirjiayou@InvizCustosbear in mind that for PELock you must be prepared to trust the author (Bartosz ) and upload all of your source code that you want protected, to his servers. The protection happens at his servers and the protected software then gets sent to your machines.

It is not possible to protect your source code or software completely OFFLINE on your own machines with PELock, as can be done with VMProtect, Themida etc.

The author Bartosz may have his reasons, for implementing this but this is something developers need to bear in mind before using PELock.

Bartosz Wójcik
23 hours ago, InvizCustos said:

For more than 20 years you have not been able to create a worthy competitor for Oreans or VMProtect? My condolences.

Nah, for 20 years you weren't able to crack any version of PELock. Man u so big u have access to all the software in the world to know what's been and not been protected with PELock, you must work for Glovo or smth.

BTW You have so much time talking bs here, why don't you fight on the frontline, did you deserted to Poland like 5 millions of ukrainian men who now work in the construction and driving uber coz they were too afraid to defend their own country? No wonder Putin went so far if so many of you flee the country when it gets hot.

14 hours ago, Taitor said:

True.

Also @liusirjiayou@InvizCustosbear in mind that for PELock you must be prepared to trust the author (Bartosz ) and upload all of your source code that you want protected, to his servers. The protection happens at his servers and the protected software then gets sent to your machines.

It is not possible to protect your source code or software completely OFFLINE on your own machines with PELock, as can be done with VMProtect, Themida etc.

The author Bartosz may have his reasons, for implementing this but this is something developers need to bear in mind before using PELock.

"To protect source code"? Since when protectors protects source codes you numnut?

And the online part is to piss little bi*ches like you, who can't crack it so they cry in the forums how bad I am :D, you desperate beeyatch coz u can't crack it, u need to eat a humble pie

PS. You get angry while I get this money for a SINGLE license from your mom, now rage some more

dollahs.jpg.JPEG.2128362409aac60ed501114c7b6e3972.JPEG

Edited by Bartosz Wójcik
  • Like 1

A packer itself is not bad but is not a strong solution. 

Most important part is to virtualize the important "serial key" routines of your software and also change them as they already know them.

If your software is not .NET I would recommend to go for Themida / VMProtect both have strong virtual machine protections which will make the average cracker to stop trying.

If your software is .NET you are better with some other options like Confuser / NetReactor.

PS: @Bartosz Wójcikif you are trying to sell your software to the op I think you are terrible failing with your childish and immature attitude which you are showing. Also please keep your political opinions to yourself, this is not the place. Thank you.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, Bartosz Wójcik said:

"To protect source code"? Since when protectors protects source codes you numnut?

It's called source code obfuscation, I really thought the author of a protector should know the basics!

• Like 3
4 hours ago, Bartosz Wójcik said:

Nah, for 20 years you weren't able to crack any version of PELock. Man u so big u have access to all the software in the world to know what's been and not been protected with PELock, you must work for Glovo or smth.

BTW You have so much time talking bs here, why don't you fight on the frontline, did you deserted to Poland like 5 millions of ukrainian men who now work in the construction and driving uber coz they were too afraid to defend their own country? No wonder Putin went so far if so many of you flee the country when it gets hot.

And the online part is to piss little bi*ches like you, who can't crack it so they cry in the forums how bad I am :D, you desperate beeyatch coz u can't crack it, u need to eat a humble pie

PS. You get angry while I get this money for a SINGLE license from your mom, now rage some more

dollahs.jpg.JPEG.2128362409aac60ed501114c7b6e3972.JPEG

Big talk for someone who's afraid to upload anything with their protection, lol. As for the original post, I'd recommend Themida as it has the least amount of documentation.

• Like 2
  • The topic was locked
  • The topic was unlocked