Tuts 4 You

Planet Source Code is down

innovatorsww@gmail.com

innovatorsww@gmail.com

Unlike another post that has made this claim. I am here to tell everyone that Planet Source Code is down and is staying down this time. Last time it went down it was due to a software and development issue. This time it is down for good. I am not saying Spam his email. But Everyone who can help has ideas or just want to show your support for a 20+ year old site that we have all used before. Email him and Let him know. 
See attached image for actual email. 

Hey thanks Richard that's really nice of you to say. Well you will not envy the situation with Planet Source Code. It has been unprofitable for many years so I have been subsidizing it and paying about $500 a month to keep it running. But, recently the extremely old version of Windows server that is running on had an update which removed a now obsolete version of TLS. But the extremely old version of IIS doesn't support the change. I could probably debug it if I could figure out what some of that software is on there but I have lost the documentation years ago. And at this point it would cost way too much to try to get back up (for something that is a money loser anyway). So unfortunately it is shutting down. Sorry about that.

Ian

whyplanetsourcecodeisdown.png

• Sad 1
  • 1 month later...
FortyPoundHead.com

The content of the site has been rescued to github, and the vb6-specific content is also now hosted at my own site.  I won't spam the link here, for fear of angering the moderators. If you search Github for Planet-Source-Code, you'll find it there, and if you want the URL for my site, feel free to DM me.

12 hours ago, FortyPoundHead.com said:

The content of the site has been rescued to github, and the vb6-specific content is also now hosted at my own site.  I won't spam the link here, for fear of angering the moderators. If you search Github for Planet-Source-Code, you'll find it there, and if you want the URL for my site, feel free to DM me.

I tried to find it on GitHub, but as "planet-source-code" , I could not find anything vb related... any hints?

Edited by padbravo
FortyPoundHead.com

Heya, sorry I didn't see all the replies to this.  Just happened to be cruising through, and remembered the thread. 

The VB6-specific code cache is at https://www.fortypoundhead.com/browse.asp?catid=122

Looks like y'all already found Github space for all of it.

It's kinda of weird to discover my old stuff in there.  Some of it I even forgot about, after all these years.

• Like 2